About Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
With a vision To preserve and celebrate Alberta’s rich sports history for all to enjoy, and with over 7,000 square feet of exhibit space, the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum is an interactive, hands-on celebration of Alberta’s sporting history. The Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and Museum also has over 7,000 artifacts of Alberta Sports history in its collection, showcasing many of these items in a number of displays.
What to do at the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame?
Things to do at Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
1. Learn about the Alberta’s sporting history.
2. Play all the sports under one roof- Enjoy playing hockey, baseball, soccer, basketball and football,using the interactive virtual system.
3. Do the 200 meter wheelchair challenge.
4. Become a sportscaster – There is a press box where visitors can “become” the sportscaster.
5. There is also a Tread-wall Climbing Wall and Golf Putting area .
6. Watch videos of Alberta athletes, personalities and Canadian sports highlights in the 40 Seat Theatre.
7. View displays of artifacts, photographs, and memorabilia honouring Alberta’s rich sports heritage and famous sports personalities in the Hall of Fame Gallery.
8. Learn about the winter sports in Ice and Snow – the Spirit of Winter.
9. Alberta Hockey Gallery – showcases Alberta Hockey history and also displays contributions of various individuals who have made a significant contribution to the game of Hockey in Alberta.
10. The museum also showcases a variety of changing exhibitions throughout its exhibit space.
Who all can go and enjoy ? -Everybody
When to visit Alberta Sports Hall of Fame?
Alberta Sports Hall of Fame Hours
Open year-round except Dec. 24-26, Jan 1, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday.
Monday to Friday | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday, Sunday& Holidays | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
November 11 | 12:00pm – 5:00pm
December 31 | 9:00am – 3:00pm
How much will it cost to see Alberta Sports Hall of Fame?
Admission/Tickets Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
Adults – $5.00
Youth – $3.00
3 & under – Free
Family (2 adults & children) – $12.00
How to get to Alberta Sports Hall of Fame ?
Location & Directions to Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
Located on the west edge of Red Deer, the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame van be reached by taking the 32nd Street exit from highway 2.
Click on the map tab for direction & view larger map for using google map.
GPS coordinates : 52.261959,-113.8539
How long to spend in Alberta Sports Hall of Fame?
Time Required to Visit Alberta Sports Hall of Fame – 90 minutes to 3 hours.
What about Amenities, Access & Parking Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
Restrooms/ Wash rooms.
Wheel chair accesses.
Free parking on site.