To rent boats and accessories : Sun Sport Recreation, a water rental establishment which rents boats, sea doo’s and accessories is located at 5104 lakeshore dr. Sylvan Lake Alberta. (403)887-7368. GPS coordinates : 52.31003,-114.100255
Rental Charges: See here
Attractions and things to do
1. Wild Rapids Water Slide Park- This is a water theme park located at 5104 Lakeshore Drive,Sylvan Lake.
Phone: (403) 887-3800. Website :http://www.wildrapids.ab.ca/
Hours : 11:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. in the operating season.
Admission: Full Day Adult $30.00 ; Full Day Junior $20.00 4 ft and restrictions
Family Special (4 immediate members) $85.00; Grounds Pass $10.00
Parking : $ 10.00
2. Lakeside G0-Karts & Mini Golf : This is place where everybody can enjoy, after a go at the Lake. There are Mini Golf, go-karts, bumper cars & kiddie rides.
Address : 5324 Lakeshore Drive ,(“just west of the Marina”),Sylvan Lake.
Ph:(403)887-3190. GPS coordinates : 52.312906,-114.108254
Hours: 10 am to 10 pm. For more information see here
3. Golf Courses
a. Sylvan Lake Golf and Country Club : 5331 Lakeshore Drive, Sylvan Lake, AB T4S 1E8, Phone :403.887.6695
GPS coordinates : +52.311653,-114.105445/ + 52° 18′ 41.25″, -114° 6′ 20.68″ Click on the coordinates for google map directions.
For members, there is a campsite at the 19th hole Campground. See for directions to the Golf course here
b. Top O’ The Hill Golf Course :2 1/2 miles north of Sylvan Lake, Sylvan Lake, AB T4S 1S6.Phone: 403.887.2766
For rates see here
c. Meadow Lands Golf Club :Located at the corner of Hwy 11 and Hwy 781 in Sylvan Lake. Phone : 403-887-5100
GPS coordinates: 52.283532,-114.095832
For rates see here.
There is a Campground at Meadowlands Golf Club with 98 powered sites. Each site includes 30 amp power, sewer, water, a picnic table and a fire pit. Firewood is available for purchase at the clubhouse.
d. Lake Wood Golf Resort: Located at one and a half kilometers north of the traffic circle at the Sylvan Lake junction of Highway 11A and Highway 20.
Phone (403) 887-2477. GPS coordinates : 52.332087,-114.058886
See for more details - here
1. Enviro Expo and Fish Fry :vSpring event designed to promote resource sustainability and encourage environmental stewardship.The event will feature many activities including presentations, face painting, interactive booths and the oh-so-popular Joey’s Restaurants Fish Fry.
When and where? June of each year at Railway Park Promenade (48th Street and 49th Avenue).
GPS coordinate : 52.307685,-114.093835
2. 1913 days :1913 Days is an annual celebration of Sylvan Lake’s birthday
When and where? June of each year ; All around Town
3. Shake the Lake : Three day summer action sports and music festival held at Railway Park Promenade in Sylvan Lake.
When and where : Summer (August) at Railway Park Promenade (48th Street and 49th Avenue)
4. Jazz at the Lake : Jazz at the Lake is a four day, multi-venue jazz music festival held in the Town of Sylvan Lake.
When and Where : August , events will take place at various venues around Sylvan Lake. See for more details here
5. Winterfest: A celebration of snow and ice which features the showcase event Polar Bear Dip, where people can jump into a freezing cold lake for a charity of their choice.
When and where: February of each year at Sylvan Lake Pier and lakeshore (50th Street and Lakeshore Drive)
5. Sylvan Lake Pond Hockey : For families and friends to play hockey with no boards, no refs and no goalies.
When and where? March of each year On the lake (Entrance at 50th Street and Lakeshore Drive)
More details about all the events here
For more details on all the events see here
For accommodations in the town of Sylvan lake see here