For Canada Day Long Weekend – June 30 to July 3, 2017 – See Canada Day in Edmonton.
Activities and Events in Edmonton
Friday, July 7 – Sunday, July 9, 2017
A digest of What’s On in and around Edmonton during this weekend including free fun family activities, weekend events & activities for kids, live music, performing arts & theatre and sports events. Few weekday events are also listed.
Check road conditions, before you go- Here
City of Edmonton Road Closures (if any) – Here
I. Family Events & Activities
1. Sand on Whyte
Be amazed by the work of Canadian sand carving artists as they create sand carving magic that tells our Canada 150 story and vote for your favourite. Details.
Friday, June 30 to Sunday, July 9, 2017 | | 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Old Strathcona, Edmonton.
2. Canada 150 Celebration at Mill Woods
Come out to Mill Woods Town Centre as we celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday with Shoot-To-Score Mini Hockey, Bouncy Castle, and so much more. Details.
Saturday, July 8, 2017 | 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Mill Woods Town Centre, 2331 66 St NW, Edmonton
3. International Street Performers Festival
Over the next 10 days, a variety of musicians, jugglers, acrobats, unicyclists and acrobats will once again take over Winston Churchill Square, transforming it into an outdoor play space for audiences of all ages.The world’s best street performers and a celebration of Canada 150. Details.
July 7 – 16, 2017 | 11:30 AM –11:00 PM
Sir Winston Churchill Square at 99 Street and 102 A Avenue, Edmonton
4. Other Family Activities
1. Muttart Conservatory: Feature Pyramid
Canada’s 150th Anniversary: July 1 – September 17 – Celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday at the Muttart Conservatory with this commemorative exhibit! The Feature Pyramid will be filled with a display of beautiful summer annuals, a diorama, Canadian native plants, a topiary of Canada’s flag, and a giant botanical birthday cake! Details.
Family friendly programs. – Details
3. Visit Edmonton Zoo this Week. – Edmonton Valley Zoo
4. City Hall – This week at City Hall
5. Tour John Walter Museum for free on Saturdays & Sundays: 1:00 PM to 04:00 PM
8. Family Movies
1. Reel Family Cinema at Metro Cinema: Details Free for kids under 12.
3. Telus World of Science
Imax theatre : Shows
9. Free activities: local library
Edmonton Public library offers plenty of free drop in activities to choose from for all ages including toddler story times. Plan ahead to attend some of the free activities in the following weekends : Details and link for registration.
Strathcona County Library – Here
Spruce Grove Public Library – Here
St. Albert Public Library – Here
10. Drop – in Programs
1. Edmonton Recreation : There is always something you can do as family with the advantage of not having to plan early or register. Check these links below.
a. Drop – in Swim – When & Where
b. Drop-in Fitness Programs : When & Where
St Albert – Drop in Schedule
Strathcona County – Drop in Programs
Strathcona County: Spray Parks
Spruce Grove: Spray Parks
2. Activities by Edmonton Recreation
There are many affordable, high-quality inclusive programs, camps and activities throughout the year for all ages and abilities including Toddler time, puppet show, story time and more! Spend time exploring the river valley, trying a new sport, discovering your creative side and experiencing the outdoors. – See the link for details and register.
3. $5 Laser Tag: Only $5 per player per game. No bookings required, just drop-in and play!
Every Thursday, June 8 to August 31, 2017 | 4:30 PM – 9:30 PM @ Laser City, 10010 107a Ave
4. Vacation Bible School
Welcome to Mighty Fortress, where kids learn that God is their refuge and strength. Friends may fail them. They may not ace their test or make the team, but God promises to be their rock and their salvation, their fortress and sure defence. We will enjoy this time through stories, music, crafts, games, snack and crafts.
July 4 to 7, 2017 | 9:30 am – 12:00 pm @ Concordia Lutheran Church, 5420 19a Ave NW, Edmonton
5. Paintball and Laser Tag Summer Day Camp
Edmonton Paintball and Laser City Laser Tag present an Action-Packed Summer Day Camp! Half the day is spent playing Laser Tag and the other half playing Mini Paintball. Campers get lunch and two snacks.
Select Days, July 6 to August 29, 2017 @ Edmonton Paintball. 10010 107a Ave
6. Historic Children’s Program
Kids travel back in time at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village and become Ukrainian settlers of East Central Alberta. They get a historic outfit, participate in activities of the 1920s, interact with farm animals and learn to cook some Ukrainian dishes – and that’s just to name a few things!
July 10 – 14th, July 17 – 21st, July 24 – 28th @ Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village – Pick up and drop off locations in Edmonton and Sherwood Park.
7. Public Mini Paintball
Mini Paintball is paintball designed for younger players! You’ll use smaller pump-action guns that shoot smaller paintballs and are half the speed of full-sized paintball.
Sundays, July 9 to August 27 @ Edmonton Paintball Centre
II. Adult/ Youth Events
1. Live Music
1. Derina Harvey: Fearless front-woman Derina Harvey leads this Alberta-based five-piece Celtic-rock act, who offer an authentic east-coast experience with a fresh take on traditional tunes as well as their own original jigs and reels. Their rocky, rhythmic undertow is layered with guitars, fiddle, and topped by Derina’s powerful voice. These transplanted east-coasters have earned a reputation with their high-energy live show, leaving many an audience out-of-breath and hollering from their seats! Details
Friday, July 7, 2017 | 7:30 PM @ Capitol theatre, Fort Edmonton Park| $23.80 to $28.57
2. Live Theatre
1. Follies: Set in a crumbling theatre on the eve of its date with the wrecking ball, the “follies girls” that used to dance at this theatre come for a final reunion with husbands, and baggage, in tow. With such memorable Sondheim songs as “Broadway Baby,” “Losing My Mind,” and “I’m Still Here,” Follies is a poignant look at what is, what was, and the choices that led from there to here.Details
July 5 – 15, 2017 @ Walterdale Theatre, 10322 83 Avenue Northwest, Edmonton |$19.75 to $22.00
3. Seven Music Fest
The Strumbellas! Juno nominated for Single of the Year – “Spirits”, Group of the Year and the JUNO Fan Choice Award, the Strumbellas will headline Seven Music Fest! Details
13 Mission Avenue – St Albert
4. Feats Festival of Dance
Events include dance performances, master classes and more! Details
5. Alberta Pianofest
Summertime fine arts programming in the form of public classical piano recitals and children’s concerts! Details
III. Sports & Related Events
IV. Exhibitions, Festivals & Other Events
V. Dinner Theatre /Club Events
1. River Cree Resort & Casino – Events
Please verify all details before travelling.