I. Ripley’s Aquarium
If you want to escape the cold, then Ripley’s Aquarium makes a perfect day trip for an underwater exploration. On Christmas Day: 09:00 AM – 11:00 PM
II. Play a Game at the Rec Room
Roundhouse Rec Room (opposite Ripley’s Aquarium) is open on December 25, 2018 from 2 PM to 11 PM. Whether you are alone, planning a trip with friends or kids, visit Rec Room to enjoy the latest in next generation driving simulation, virtual reality, shuffleboard, ping pong and pool tables.
III. Allan Gardens Conservatory
Christmas Flower Show is in full swing and so enjoy the myriad of colours – Open 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM on Christmas Day and it is FREE
IV. Riverdale Farm
You may not believe that there is a lovely farm right in the middle of bustling Toronto. Riverdale Farm is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free Admission
V. Head to Hotdocs Ted Rogers
- Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2018 @ 3:45 PM — From the hundreds of ads selected for the festival, ranging from the hilarious and off-the-wall to the touching and unique, we’re screening the best of the year in a showcase of excellence from the realm of creative communications. Be inspired by the artistic power of advertising, and join us once again for one of our favourite holiday traditions, brought to you by The Globe and Mail.
- Pick of the Litter @ 6:30 PM — Follow the remarkable two-year journey of a rambunctious group of adorable Labrador puppies as they undergo the rigorous training required to become guide dogs for the visually impaired. With intimate access to the dogs and their trainers, their struggles and the triumphs will have you cheering them on. —
- The Great Buster: A Celebration @ 8:45 PM — Acclaimed director and film historian Peter Bogdanovich brings us an impassioned tribute to legend of the silent screen, Buster Keaton. From his early vaudeville days to Hollywood superstardom, Bogdanovich follows Keaton’s life, career and his unparalleled talent as one of the greatest physical comedians of our time.
Indoor skating locations are closed, but enjoy skating outdoors (weather dependent) free of charge. Check out the Bentway Skate Trail!
VII. Centennial Park Conservatory
If you have not been to Toronto’s other famous conservatory , Christmas Day maybe the time to visit the famous feathered inhabitant amongst the Christmas blooms. Open 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM on Christmas Day and it is FREE
VIII. Be a Holiday Hero
Be a Holiday Hero and gather at Nathan Philips Square to handout brand new wrapped gifts on the street and in family shelters. Have you ever wanted to collect a bunch of awesome gifts to bring smiles to at-risk and homeless youth in your community alongside your friends, family and Fashion Santa?
December 25 | 9 AM @ Nathan Philips Square
IX. High Park Zoo
Pay a Christmas day visit to Toronto’s famous capybaras, Bonnie and Clyde. Do not forget to say hello to Jasper (pictured) at High Park Zoo. Open daily from dawn to dusk. Admission to the zoo is FREE
X. See a movie at the theatres
TIFF Bell Lightbox, Toronto — Schedule
- Schindler’s List on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 | 12:30 PM
- Shoplifters on Tuesday, December 25 | 01:00 PM
- Mirai on Tuesday, December 25 | 03:00 PM
- Shoplifters on Tuesday, December 25 | 03:50 PM
- Gremlins on Tuesday, December 25 | 04:30 PM
- Mirai on Tuesday, December 25 | 05:20 PM
- Shoplifters on Tuesday, December 25 | 06:30 PM
- Jurassic Park on Tuesday, December 25 | 07:00 PM
- Shoplifters on Tuesday, December 25 | 09:40 PM
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park on Tuesday, December 25 | 09:50 PM
Cineplex and Landmark cinemas
- Mary Poppins Returns — Release Date: December 19, 2018
- Bumblebee — Release Date: December 21, 2018
- Aquaman — Release Date: December 21, 2018
Have you seen the twinkling lights that adorn GTA locations?
XII. Lego Land
If you are a Lego fanatic, then Lego Land is a fun destination with with 2 rides, 10 LEGO build & play zones, a 4D cinema & much more! On December 25: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, last entry – 02:00 PM. Cost: $15.60 if you buy 24 hours in advance. Standard Walk up tickets are $24.
XIII. Explore Pacific Mall
If you badly want to go shopping inside a mall, check out Pacific Mall. The largest Chinese shopping mall in North America located NE corner of Steeles & Kennedy in Markham (4300 Steeles Ave. E.) also has a heritage town section, built in a traditional pacific market style. Open 11a.m. – 8p.m.
XIV. Christmas Brunch
Head to Old Mill Toronto for a delightful Christmas Brunch.
or there are plenty of options listed in Open Table.
XVI. Go Winter Walking
Enjoy winters’ solitude and go hiking in the green spaces of Toronto. Great places to explore include Don Valley Trails from Evergreen Village, Rouge National Park, Trillium Park and William G. Davis Trail at Ontario Place, High Park, Riverwood Conservancy and the myriad of waterfront trails.
More to do:
In case there is snow, enjoy winter activities in Toronto.
FYI: Boxing Day Admission to Toronto Zoo is half price. Zoo is closed on Christmas Day – DECEMBER 25.
You may like: