Your day begins with a shuttle ride up the closed access road at Fortress Mountain to an elevation of 2,100m and where the average annual snowfall is over 8 metres! Then board our snowcat for the overland journey deep into the Fortress Backcountry. Once you strap on your snowshoes, you’ll begin walking into a white wilderness of deep snow and alpine scenery.
Snowshoeing at Fortress Mountain is led by a professional and experienced guides. This adventure is ideally suited for people of average to good physical fitness and who have a sense of adventure and are prepared for any weather conditions.
Please dress for full winter conditions. You MUST have winter boots or waterproof hiking boots, winter coat/jacket and pants, warm hat and warm gloves. Ski goggles are strongly recommended.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code: Winter conditions. You MUST have winter boots or waterproof hiking boots, winter coat/jacket and pants, warm hat and warm gloves. Ski goggles are strongly recommended.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Adult ( 18 & up):$177.45
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
**If you are not properly prepared for winter conditions as described above you will be turned back and your payment will not be refunded. **
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 20 minute snowcat lift (return)
- Professional guide
- Hot chocolate & fresh-baked cookies
- Transport by private vehicle
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Saturdays, December 21,2019 to March 28, 2020
Start Time: 8:00 AM
Duration: 6 hours
Start and End: Banff Hotels
Stoney Nakoda Casino
Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
to Fortress Mountain and back.