The Institute for Canadian Citizenship, the Ministry of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship and MaRS have partnered to host Canada’s first cross-country virtual citizenship ceremony! The ceremony, taking place on July 1, will be a celebration of Canadian resilience and unity, and an opportunity for all Canadians to come together to celebrate and welcome our newest citizens.
Whether you’ve been here 5 weeks, 5 years, or your ancestors have been here for 5000 years — we invite you to join us on Canada Day to celebrate a vibrant and colourful Canada.
The celebration will be livestreamed on YouTube and will include:
• interviews with new citizens who are frontline workers during COVID-19
• a performance by Indigenous drumming duo, Warrior Women, Matricia and Mackenzie Brown
• a special appearance by the Honourable Marco Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
• Congratulatory Remarks by The Rt. Hon. Adrienne Clarkson and Mr. John Ralston Saul, Co-Chairs and Co-Founders of the Institute for Canadian Citizenship
• A greeting by Prime Minister Trudeau!
In such an important moment, the simple act of celebrating with Canada’s newest citizens can send a powerful message of inclusion from coast to coast to coast. Register to get your link and join us Canada Day at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
Who is it for?
Tickets : Free
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Wednesday July 1, 2020
July 1st 2020 – 2pm to 3pm EDT
Venue & Address