This year at TAS tours will look a little different. As we deal with the current covid pandemic we have had to change up the way we do tours this summer. We have limited each tour to a maximum group of 11 people accompanied by our founder and a volunteer. Each participant will be required to wear a mask while at the sanctuary, and you will need to bring your own sanitizer and maintain 2 meters distance from other tours guests and volunteers while at the sanctuary.
During your visit, you will take a 2 hour walkthrough with the founder of the Sanctuary, meeting the residents along the way. After the walkthrough there will be a break for a plant-based lunch – this will be followed by a walk around to visit with the residents. All ages are welcome at our tours – content will be made relevant to your group – our founder will gage information as needed.
Because these tours help us to generate much needed donations – all participants must reserve a ticket on Eventbrite. As we have to limit the tours to 11 people max due to covid – anyone coming will require a ticket – adults and children. These tours are a large part of our fundraising this summer so tickets will be $20 to help us as we prepare for Winter.
Who is it for
• All guests 18 or older will be required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the sanctuary. Anyone under 18 will need to have a waiver signed on their behalf by a parent or guardian. If you are bringing children to the sanctuary who you do not have guardianship of, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the waiver to have signed before the tour.
– ***CLOSED TOED SHOES*** – Please make sure to wear appropriate footwear. If you do not have closed toed shoes you won’t be able to enter the animal enclosures.
- Masks and sanitizer are required if you are coming to a tour. Gloves are good to have as well. If you do not have a mask and sanitizer you will not be able to participate.
– Sunscreen/cap/weather appropriate clothing.
-Hand wipes and hand sanitizer – no running water on site.
– Please bring plenty of water in non-glass containers (we do not have drinking water available on site)
– We ask that you bring your own plates, napkins and cutlery for lunch– just so we can be as environmentally friendly as possible. Please do not bring in any outside food- lunch will be provided by TAS.
Tour tickets are nonrefundable.
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
• Tours run Thursdays and Saturdays from 11 am – 3 pm.
• At 11 am we will begin our 2 hour walkthrough. You will be introduced to all of the residents and have an opportunity to hear their stories.
• At 1 pm there will be a break for a plant-based lunch. Lunch will be provided by TAS. Lunch will be served to you – and then you can sit with the group you have come to the tour with while social distancing from the other tour group members. Please bring your own plates and cutlery if you wish to partake in lunch. Gluten Free options will be available.
• After lunch there will be a walk around with the residents.
• Please note we have a bathroom on site –but no running water.
• Personal belongings/strollers/bags are not permitted in the paddocks – you are able to bring your water bottle but everything else you bring will be left in a safe area until the tour is completed.