An artificial lakeon the North Saskatchewan River lining the David Thompson Highway between Saskatchewan River Crossing and Nordegg. It was created in 1972 with the construction of the Bighorn Dam. Although man-made, it still possesses the blue colour of other glacial lakes in the Rocky Mountains.
Stop At: Bow Lake, Banff National Park, Alberta Canada
Bow Lake is approximately 30 minutes north of Lake Louise, off the Icefields Parkway (Hwy 93) in the Canadian Rockies and a half mile north of the Crowfoot Glacier. Sitting at an elevation of 1,920 m (6,300 ft), it is one of the largest lakes in Banff National Park. Fed by meltwater from the Bow Glacier in the Wapta Icefield, the lake lies at the base of Bow Summit, which is perfectly reflected in its aquamarine waters on a calm day. Great place for a picnic or a short stroll.
Along the Icefields Parkway (Hwy 93) jaw-dropping scenery is punctuated by more than 100 ancient glaciers, waterfalls cascading from dramatic rock spires and turquoise lakes set in sweeping valleys.
An artificial lake on the North Saskatchewan River lining the David Thompson Highway between Saskatchewan River Crossing and Nordegg. It was created in 1972 with the construction of the Bighorn Dam. Although man-made, it still possesses the blue colour of other glacial lakes in the Rocky Mountains.
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
Adult (Age from 12 to 70): $30
Child (Age from 0 to 11): $125
- Banff National Park pass
- Insurance: Traffic Accident Insurance
- Guide : bilingual – English / Mandarin
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- FREE rental the ice crampons
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Select Saturdays, January 18, to March 7, 2020
Duration: 6 to 7 hours
Pick and Return to
1: Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, 1316 33 St NE, Calgary, AB T2A 6B6
2: Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, 209 4 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0C6
3: Canalta Lodge, 545 Banff Ave #1B5, Banff, AB T1L 1B5