We will meet virtually on Sunday evening to make a Traditional Nigerian dish called Asaro. A savoury and comforting mashed Yam dish that is commonly enjoyed amongst the Yoruba tribe in Nigeria. To accompany this dish is Obe ata din din (fried peppered stew) where you have the option to add your favourite protein. You will learn interesting facts about these dishes and get information about Nigerian culinary.
We will meet up at a local African market a day before our class to shop for the ingredients which will include fresh yams, vegetables, herbs and spices. Here you will get the chance to immerse yourself in the African culture by learning about common items used in many of our cuisines which can’t be found in a regular grocery store! You will also have a chance to meet your cooking class instructor Dupe in person as well as the local African store owner.
Let’s take an escape from our busy lives and create memories with the ones we love this autumn!
“Come together, eat Nigerian, leave with memories.
– African market hop by 4 pm on OCT 10.
– Virtual cooking workshop from 4-6 pm on OCT 11.
– Learn about Nigerian cuisine and culinary practices
– Opportunity to meet and support local African business owners in Edmonton
– A fun activity to enjoy with friends and family during the Thanksgiving weekend
– An exciting opportunity to get outside and discover a local gem!
– Meet and connect with new people in Edmonton
Things to note:
– The recipe and grocery list will be sent 48 hrs to the market meetup.
– The ticket cost is for the online class and does not include the cost of groceries.
– The private zoom link to join the online class will also be sent 48 hrs to the market meetup.
– For the market meetup, please bring a facemask. A maximum of two (2) people can join the market meetup per ticket.
Who is it for?
Tickets : $40
$40 for registration for virtual class
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Saturday, October 10, 2020 to Sunday October 11, 2020
October 10: 4pm Market meet up and shopping
October 11: 4-pm virtual cooking class
Venue & Address
online and Edmonton, Edmonton, AB