The University of Alberta Botanic Garden is opening its gates to children for free this fall, to offer a respite from the challenges of a pandemic year. Enjoy the tranquillity of the Garden, to relax, to breathe the fresh air, and reconnect to nature.
In addition to free admission, the Garden is also developing safely distanced, fun activities to engage kids when they visit.
Explore Kurimoto Japanese Garden, gardens that showcase amazing collections of herbs, a zone 3 hardy Rose Garden, diverse collection of fragrant peonies, Martagon and Asiatic lilies and primulas in the Alpine Garden and the Native Peoples Garden that grow plants used by indigenous people, and the 4.8-hectare Aga Khan Garden designed by renowned landscape architectural firm Nelson Byrd Woltz and inspired by some of the world’s foremost Islamic architecture and landscapes.
To keep visitors and staff safe, which is our utmost priority, we are following the guidelines of public health officials and the University of Alberta and implementing many safety measures. Some of these measures may be updated as the guidelines change.
- All visitors must make advance reservations to visit the Garden – no walk ups will be permitted. This will help us manage capacity and flow of visitors in the Garden, minimize contact points, and allow for physical distancing.
- Group size is limited to 15. Within those groups, any parties that are not in the same household must practice safe physical distancing of two metres.
- Some garden areas that are too confined for appropriate distancing will be closed.
- Visitors can enjoy the outdoor gardens, however, all indoor spaces will be closed, including showhouses, Welcome Centre and gift shop.
- Most programming has been cancelled for the 2020 season, including special events, private functions, tours, cart services, camps and drop-in programs.
- There will be extra cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch areas.
Who is it for?
Students and all children ages 0-17 get free admission to the UA Botanic Garden until the last day of the open season on October 12, 2020. Admissions must be reserved in advance online.
Adult – $18.75
Senior (65+) – $12.75
Student (with Student ID) – Free
Youth (13-17) – Free
Child (3-12) – Free
Child (2 & Under) – Free
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
September 11 to October 12, 2020
Fall hours are 10 am to 5 pm for regular admissions, by advance reservation.
Venue & Address :
University of Alberta Botanic Garden
51227 AB-60, Spruce Grove, Alberta T7Y 1C5
Located in Parkland County, Alberta, 5 KM north of Devon on Hwy 60