ABOUT THE CONVENTION
Our feature speakers are going to provide a wake-up call for all of the women in the room. We are convinced that they will inspire our participants to discover their strengths and weaknesses. Our team believes that this empowering session will increase women’s self-esteem, encourage them to take risks, and bask in the accomplishments of stepping out of the comfort zone and into the power zone.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER, Dr. Rose Backman, who is recognized internationally as one of the most inspiring and motivating influencers, works with her self-developed “Backman Emotional Technique©” and other modalities to identify your core issues and teach you to have strength, faith, love, hope and power over your life. Her methods have helped thousands of people handle issues related to addiction, depression, stress, relationships and finances.
Key Learning Points:
– How to harness the immense power every woman possesses;
– How to find your voice again and begin to use it;
– A quick but lasting way to change any negative beliefs;
– The power of strong boundaries and how to set them;
– How to do an honest appraisal of your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats;
– How one small change can help you claim your power;
– Three steps to stepping out of your comfort zone and live life to your ultimate potential;
– The true measure of happiness is found within;
– How to stop yourself from self-sabotage and move forward;
– Four action steps to a harmonious relationship right now;
– How to live peacefully with another individual;
– The four personality types and how they interact;
– How to quickly determine the personality type of those around you;
– How to use the personality profile to understand why you do what you do
– How to understand others.
1. Dr. Jodi L Abbott – The President and CEO of NorQuest College; one of Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women by the Women’s Executive Network.
As a strong community minded leader, Dr. Abbott chairs the Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board comprised of Mayors from 13 Edmonton Region municipalities. With years of experience in Alberta’s health care system, Dr. Abbott chaired Edmonton’s Health City Initiative creating a strategy for health innovation and economic development. Dr. Abbott received the University of Alberta Alumni Honour Award in recognition of championing improved health-care services and for her international work with figure skating. She was named as one of the Top 100 Most Powerful Women by the Women’s Executive Network in 2015 and 2018 and was named a Global Woman of Vision.
2. Aime Hutton – Women’s empowerment leader and an inspirational author.
Aime Hutton is the author of Inch by Inch: Growing in Life. She is a Calgary based influencer and motivational speaker. She was born prematurely and experienced bullying later in life. Aime will inspire you with her fascinating life story and motivate to overcome your darkest fears.
3. Cory Donald – Community’s favourite psychologist who’s known for creative psychotherapy practice.
He is a well-known Edmonton based psychologist and a founder of FORWARD Psychology and Wellness. Cory is empowering Edmontonians and teaching them the true secrets to happiness and self-love.
4. Christina Glows – Certified raw chef, lifestyle influencer, and a health coach.
“It took me almost a quarter of a century to truly love myself. I struggled with body image, perfectionism, self worth and a sense of self. I consider myself a key candidate for speaking at events with the goal to empower women, because I’ve made it my mission to inspire and lift up others with what I’ve learned.
Modern Nation has an incredible event on Sunday, March 3rd all about empowering women. Women of all shapes and sizes are celebrated. I’m happy to say this event is a safe space for all women, and I hope to see you there when I give my talk “12 Steps to Maxmize Your Health” next month!”, – Christina.
HOST OF THE DAY: Sterling Scott – Canada’s best-loved comedian, a rising star, and a successful actor
1. Justin Khoung (Bardic Form) – Multi-Award Winning Acoustic Music
2. TERRIAN – Pop Singer
3. Fashion Show with local designers. Special guest – Luxx ready to wear.
Delightful lunch and a warm atmosphere will leave you satisfied!
With the help of the convention our charitable partner, Alberta Council of Women’s Shelter, will be collecting the DONATIONS on location. Only together we can comfort, support, and provide a safe environment with a warm bed for those who are in need. We cannot change their past, but we are definitely able to change their future.
Together we can empower all women of our community, despite their age, race, occupation, or circumstances they grew up in.
Let’s make Edmonton a compassionate and thriving community!
Executive Event Coordinator
Intagram & Facebook: @modernnationempower
Modern Nation ©
Who is it for?
All Women of Edmonton
Tickets : $75 Early Bird Admission
$ 85 General Admission
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: Sunday, March 3, 2019 | 12:45 pm Arrival and Registration
Meeting the Vendors
2 pm Opening of the Convention—Sterling Scott
Downtown Business Association
2:10 pm Feature Speaker—Dr. Jodi L Abbott
Justin Khuong (Bardic Form)
2:30 pm Feature Speaker—Aime Hutton
Break #1— Lunch
3:15 pm Feature Speaker—Cory Donald
3:35 pm Feature Speaker—Christina Glows
Fashion Show — Luxx ready to wear and local designers
4 pm Key Note Speaker—Dr. Rose Backman Session 1
Break #2—Vendor Follow up
4:45 pm Key Note Speaker—Dr. Rose Backman Session 2
Connecting with Dr. Rose Backman
6:30pm Closing of the Convention—Sterling Scott
Venue: Matrix Hotel
10640 100 Avenue Northwest
Edmonton, AB T5J 3N8
Street Parking, Paid Parking
1. Option #1 – (Impark #256), the weekend rate is a flat fee $8 which covers all afternoon and evening, through to 6 am the next day.
2. Option #2 – (Impark #383), the rate is a flat fee of $5 on Sunday up until 6 pm. After 6 pm the rate is $25.
Public transport accessible
LRT Corona Station