Alberta in the 1900’s… Its people making a living from the rich land. Farmers, miners, goldpanners and trappers. Along the North Saskatchewan River, wildlife was plentiful, nature dangerous and beautiful.
Pleasantly reminiscent of a by-gone era, nestled and secluded between the river and across the pond from all the activities in Hawrelak Park, Silver Skate Festival will be creating a unique, never before seen in Edmonton, series of outdoor exclusive Long Table Dinners in a Old-Time Trapper’s Tent. Envision yourselves wrapped in furry blankets, sitting at long tables with only 24 guests, in a Trapper’s Tent that has been decorated in a vintage look, warmed by two roaring fires from wood burning stoves. Enjoy a glass of wine served to you by a Sommelier, taste creatively prepared 4 to 5 course menus by some of Edmonton’s and Western Canada’s top, and up and coming Chefs. Savour these dishes made with locally sourced ingredients and specially created for Silver Skate Festival.
There are limited seats available with just 24 guests per seating…. Each night of Silver Skate Festival a different chef is preparing a 4-5 course meal highlighting local talent and local food. Enjoy a unique experience having amazing food in a one of a kind venue warmed by wood burning stoves and reminiscent of a 1900s trappers tent.
Do not worry, we have kept your comfort in mind, no matter the weather. A forced-air heater will also be available to ensure warmth if needed. A heated bathroom trailer, courtesy of our Festival sponsor, Northgate Industries, will also be available just for our dinner guests.
- Feb.7th – Richard Toll (Under the High Wheel)
- Feb.8th – Christine Sandford (Biera) & Roger Letourneau (Meuwly’s)
- Feb.9th – Douglas King (Bar Von Der Fels, Calgary)
- Feb.10th – Blaine Robinson (Café Linnea) & Chef Riley Aitkens (Smokey Bear)
- Feb.11th – Blair Lebsack & Davina Moraiko (RGE RD)
- Feb.12th – Garret Martin (Concord Group/Bridgette Bar, Calgary) & Blair Clemis (Model Milk/Pigeonhole, Calgary)
- Feb.13th – Duncan Gommerud (District Cafe) & Ellen Mitchell (Sous Chef, Baijiu)
- Feb.14th – David Leeder (private chef) & Christie Peters (The Hollows, Saskatoon)
- Feb.15th – Roger Letourneau & Will Kottowitz (Meuwly’s)
- Feb.16th – Kelsey Johnson (Café Linnea)
- Feb.17th – Ryan Hotchkiss (Bündok)
Thank you to our sponsors Thiel’s Greenhouses, who will be providing fresh greens and herbs, specially grown for the dinners, in their hydroponic greenhouse located in Bruderheim.
Dinner ticket: $150.00
Bottle of Wine: $40.00
There are limited seats available with just 24 guests per seating. $150 for the dinner. Save $10 by purchasing a bottle of wine in advance; glasses of wine will also be available for sale at the dinner. Coffee, tea, and water are included with dinner.
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
Friday, February 07 to Monday, February 17, 2020, | 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
William Hawrelak Park, Long table tent, 9930 Groat Road Northwest, Edmonton, AB T6G 2A8