Among the artifacts is a reconstruction of the 37-metre Roskilde 6, the longest Viking warship ever found, featuring 1,000-year-old wooden planks and metal supports showing the ship’s original lines. Other diverse objects include jewelry, swords, coins and tools. The exhibition is enhanced by interactive experiences, striking multimedia and augmented reality.
- Visitors will see three full-size replicas of Viking ships: A replica of the ship Joanna, built with Viking Age technique and materials.
- A dramatic ghost ship made out of iron rivets.
- A replica of the Jelling Rune Stone, often called Denmark’s birth certificate.
- Unique artifacts like Thor’s hammer, Ulfberht swords and the Hevring Flak rudder.
- Elaborate jewelry and coins.
- Hands-on activities with traditional clothing, the rune alphabet and Viking games.
- Interactive components include an opportunity to pick up a replica of a Viking Age sword.
- An augmented reality rowing experience for visitors to test their rowing skills on a Viking ship.
The exhibition includes 11 interactive stations and seven films.
Who is it for?
Senior 65+: $14
Youth7 – 17: $10
Child 6 and under: FREE
How to get tickets?
At the door
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: April 18 to Oct. 20, 2019
Daily: 10:00 to 05:00 PM
Thursday: 10:00 PM to 08:00 PM
Venue: Royal Alberta Museum
9810 103a Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Public transport accessible