Set sail on the unique Island Queen boat: a triple-deck Mississippi Paddle-wheeler replica, and tour Kingston’s spectacular waterfront on a one hour sightseeing experience. See the city and surrounding area from the best vantage point in town: on the water!
Enjoy cool summer breezes together with your family and friends on the famous triple-deck paddle wheeler: the Island Queen. Sit back and relax while live commentary highlights the iconic scenery of Royal Military College, Fort Henry, Kingston harbour and local islands.
Your cruise begins at the confluence of three major waterways: the Rideau Canal, the St. Lawrence River and Lake Ontario. Kingston, the vibrant city we call home, has held strong political, military and cultural significance throughout Canadian history. The Island Queen winds her way along the shorelines of Point Frederick, Navy Bay, Deadman Bay and Cedar Island for an up-close and unique perspective on our past and present. From here, sail on toward the open water with views of Wolfe Island’s powerful wind turbines and the remote Garden Island in the distance. Take in views of some of Kingston’s most prominent landmarks including the Kingston Penitentiary, the Tett Centre, Gord Downie Pier and Kingston General Hospital as we make our way back into harbour.
Who is it for?
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- A face mask for every guest above the age of 2 will be required on this tour. Face mask use is obligatory when boarding, interacting with staff or moving around the vessel. Once you are seated at a table or a bench on the top deck, you can take the mask off.
Adult (Age from 16+):35.65
Child (Age from 3 to 15): $23.76
Infant (Age from 0 to 2): $23.76
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Through October 12, 2020 | 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM. 4:00 PM
Duration: 1 hour
1 Brock St, Kingston