Sip warm apple cider and enjoy the evening with a stroll in Doon Heritage Village, lit in its finest with over 100 lanterns. Experience this unique ambiance of an era gone by, and celebrate the holiday season with your family and friends as you take in the sights and sounds of an historic 1914-village setting.
These evening strolls are in lieu of our regular Lantern Tours. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, wagon rides and carol singing in the Church will be postponed until another year. The museum and village buildings will remain closed to adhere to provincial and Public Health guidelines. This event will take place entirely outside so seasonal clothing is recommended.
Capacity limited. No refunds. Event runs rain or shine.
Please note that due to limited capacity and social distancing regulations all individuals are required to have an advanced purchased ticket to enter this event, this includes newborns, infants and children.
Information for Region of Waterloo Museums Members:
- Anyone with a Region of Waterloo Museums membership that was active as of March 2020 has had their membership extended by 6 months.
- Choose the date and time for your tickets, then enter your 8-digit membership number (on the back of your membership card, underneath the barcode) as the Promo Code to apply the membership discount to your tickets.
For trouble applying membership discounts, or any other questions about this event or the museum, please call 519-748-1914 (Thursday through Sunday).
As per the Province of Ontario’s document “A Framework for Reopening our Province: Stage 2” it is recommend that heritage institutions like the Region of Waterloo Museums collect contact information for the purposes of contact tracing. This information would only be shared with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in the event that an individual who attended the museum tests positive for Covid-19, on our about the time you attended.
$7.50 per person plus HST. Members receive a 10 per cent discount. Advance ticket purchase is required for this event, tickets will not be available at the door.
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: December 4 – 12, 2020
Friday, December 4 – 6 to 7 p.m.
Friday, December 4 – 7 to 8 p.m.
Friday, December 4 – 8 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, December 5 – 6 to 7 p.m.
Saturday, December 5 – 7 to 8 p.m.
Saturday, December 5 – 8 to 9 p.m.
Friday, December 11 – 6 to 7 p.m.
Friday, December 11 – 7 to 8 p.m.
Friday, December 11 – 8 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, December 12 – 6 to 7 p.m.
Saturday, December 12 – 7 to 8 p.m.
Saturday, December 12 – 8 to 9 p.m.
COVID-19 Precautions in Place for Your Visit:
- Reduced visitor capacity
- One-way direction flow through the village
- Physical distancing maintained for all visitors and staff
- Increased cleaning of common area surfaces
- Availability of alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Interactive components and hands-on activities will not be available