If you have an old TV, small appliances, batteries, lightbulbs or other unwanted recyclables cluttering up your home, make sure to mark your calendar. On September 23rd, London Drugs is hosting a free recycling event to provide Calgary residents with an opportunity to responsibly recycle household items that are not accepted as part of the City’s blue cart recycling program.
Customers are able to drop off a large variety of recyclables at London Drugs all year round, but recycling events like this help to inspire more members of the community to practice responsible recycling ‘beyond the blue box’. This year’s event aims to divert thousands of pounds of waste from Calgary’s landfills.
Items being accepted for recycling include:
• Electrical and Electronic goods (TVs, VCRs, computers, monitors, printers, etc.)
• Small Appliances
• Non-food related Styrofoam, plastic and cardboard packaging
• Cell phones, PDA and rechargeable batteries
• Alkaline Batteries
• Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL’s) and fluorescent light tubes up to 4-foot lengths
• Disposable cameras
• Ink jet cartridges and laser cartridges
• Metal film canisters
• Plastic bags
• Insurance plastic folders
Who is it for?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: Saturday, September 23, 2017 | 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Venue: Sage Hill Crossing London Drugs, 50 Sage Hill Plaza NW Calgary
Public transport accessible