If you have an old TV, small appliances, batteries, lightbulbs or other unwanted recyclables cluttering up your home, make sure to mark your calendar. On September 16th, London Drugs is hosting a free recycling event to provide Calgary residents with an opportunity to responsibly recycle household items that are not accepted as part of the City’s blue cart recycling program.
Customers are able to drop off a large variety of recyclables at London Drugs all year round, but recycling events like this help to inspire more members of the community to practice responsible recycling ‘beyond the blue box’. This year’s event aims to divert thousands of pounds of waste from Calgary’s landfills.
Items being accepted for recycling include:
• Electrical and Electronic goods (TVs, VCRs, computers, monitors, printers, etc.)
• Small Appliances
• Non-food related Styrofoam, plastic and cardboard packaging
• Cell phones, PDA and rechargeable batteries
• Alkaline Batteries
• Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL’s) and fluorescent light tubes up to 4-foot lengths
• Disposable cameras
• Ink jet cartridges and laser cartridges
• Metal film canisters
• Plastic bags
• Insurance plastic folders
For a complete list of items accepted at London Drugs every day or for more information about the London Drugs Recycling Tour in Calgary, visit www.greendeal.ca.
Who is it for?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: Saturday, September 16, 2017 | 9:00 AM – 2:00PM
Venue: Heritage Plaza London Drugs, 8330 MacLeod Trail SE Calgary
Public transport accessible