Visit Canadian War Museum for free this summer.
Enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, including military vehicles on display and indoor guided tours of the LeBreton Gallery.
- Guided Tour of the LeBreton Gallery: With physical distancing in mind, our experienced program interpreters will take small family groups on a guided tour of some of the Museum’s most iconic spaces. Beginning in the Museum Lobby, the tour proceeds down Commissionaires Way, with its wall of aircraft nose art, and then takes in the vehicles and artillery in the LeBreton Gallery. Next, visitors are guided through Regeneration Hall and its spectacular Vimy Memorial Sculptures, before a final stop in the Royal Canadian Legion Hall of Honour.
- Military Vehicle Demonstrations: Feel the rumble of massive engines and experience history in motion. See live demonstrations of a selection of historical vehicles from the Museum’s military technology collection. Demonstrations will take place outside in the North Plaza at 10:15 a.m. and 12:45 and 2:45 p.m.
- Self-Guided Architectural Tour: Drop by the Welcome Desk and pick up a free handout for a self-guided exploration of the Museum’s thought-provoking architecture and its surrounding landscape.
- Significant Views from the Museum Rooftop: The War Museum’s roof is one of the largest green roofs in North America, and offers great views of both the Ottawa River and the Ottawa skyline — including the Peace Tower on Parliament Hill.
- Al Fresco Treats on the Museum Café Terrace
- Picnic on the Museum Grounds: Pre-order a delicious picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds of the Museum.
Who is it for?
Parking and food services are available at the regular rates.
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Thursday through Sunday, July 23 to August 23 | 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,
All outdoor activities at the Museum will be offered rain or shine, but may be cancelled in the event of extreme heat or thunderstorms.
Venue & Address
Canadian War Museum
1 Vimy Place
Ottawa ON K1A 0M8