From April 12th to April 18th community theatre groups from around the province will be coming to Melfort to perform and compete in the 86th TheatreFest! Our co-hosts for TheatreFest 2020 is Melfort Amateur Dramatics, who are celebrating their 45th anniversary!
Following the final performance on Saturday night there will be an awards celebration.
Daniel Macdonald will be our adjudicator for the week and the following groups are scheduled to perform:
- Melfort Amateur Dramatics Five Alarm by Kristen da Silva
- Odyssey Productions from Prince Albert Four Old Broads on the High Seas by Leslie Kimbell
- Flights of Angel from Melfort As She Likes It edited and complied by Karen Ruch
- Mini Fridge Theatre from Saskatoon The Foreigner by Larry Shue
- Battlefords Community Players Impromptu on Nuns’ Island by Michel Temblay translated by Linda Gaboriau
- Paper Bag Players from Yorkton Augusta by Richard Dresser
- Indian Head Stage Left Players More Fun Than Bowling by Steven Dietz
Plays contain mature subject and language.
After-parties will be held in the Affinity Credit Union room at the Kerry Vickar Centre following the performances each night. The cost of the after-party is included in your ticket price for the show!
|Sunday – Wednesday||Social gatherings|
|Saturday||90s and beyond!|
Costumes are encouraged!
Tickets :$20.00 – $100.00
- Festival seating
- Early Bird week long passes are available for $50.00 until March 31, 2020.
- Regular week long passes will be available for $100.00 from April 1 to April 12, 2020.
- Single night tickets are $20 and will be available for sale on March 9, when the schedule of performances is released.
- All tickets include admission to each evening’s afterparty that will be in the Affinity Credit Union Meeting Room in the Kerry Vickar Centre.
How to get tickets?
Tickets are also available at the Kerry Vickar Centre box office.
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
Doors open at 7 PM and show starts at 7:30 PM
|Sunday, April 12||Melfort Amateur Dramatics|| Five Alarm |
by Kristen Da Silva
|Monday, April 13||Odyssey Productions |
| Four Old Broads on the High Seas |
by Leslie Kimbell
|Tuesday, April 14||Flights of Angels |
| As She Likes It |
Edited and compiled by Karen Ruch
|Wednesday, April 15||Mini Fridge Theatre |
| The Foreigner |
by Larry Shue
|Thursday, April 16||Battlefords Community Players|| Impromptu on Nuns’ Island |
by Michel Tremblay
translated by Linda Gaboriau
|Friday, April 17||Yorkton Paper Bag Players|| Augusta |
by Richard Dresser
|Saturday, April 18||Indian Head Stage Left Players|| More Fun Than Bowling |
by Steven Dietz