Do you work with clients with osteoporosis? The Ontario Osteoporosis Strategy is bringing Bone Fit training to Saskatoon on January 25-26, 2020. It will be hosted at the University of Saskatchewan.
Since 2010, we have trained over 1700 health and fitness professionals from physiotherapists, kinesiologists, fitness trainers to yoga teachers, PTAs and OTAs. It’s been led by Dr. Judi Laprade from the University of Toronto and Dr. Caitlin McArthur from GERAS since day 1.
o Bone Fit Basics (1-day/$200) – For health and fitness professionals who work with clients with simple osteoporosis
o Bone Fit Clinical (2-day/$400) – For health professionals who work with clients with complex osteoporosis, with a clinical background, work in a clinical setting
• Basics participants get a free t-shirt and Clinical participants get a free foam roller.
• Once you’ve passed the final quiz (70%), you will be placed on the locator map which will allow the public to find someone who is knowledgeable and trained with working with clients with osteoporosis. You can promote yourself as being Bone Fit™ trained!
• All Basics registrants get a free t-shirt. All Clinical participants will get a free foam roller.
• Breakfast and Lunch is included in your registration.
• Take a look at the agenda below to see exactly what you’ll be learning! To register, visit www.bonefit.ca
Who is it for?
Tickets : $200-400
$200 for 1-day Basics – Individuals who work with clients with simple osteoporosis, fitness professionals
$400 for 2-day Clinical – Individuals who work with clients with complex osteoporosis, clinical background such as Physiotherapists and Kinesiologists
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Saturday January 25, 2020 to Sunday January 26, 2020
Day 1 (Basics & Clinical) (January 25, 2020)
7:30am – 8:00am Registration & Breakfast (provided)
8:00am – 9:00am Welcome & Introductory Talk
9:00am – 9:45am Functional Movements & ADL adaptations
9:45am – 10:30am Screening Tests (Basics); Clinical Assessment (Clinical)
10:30am – 10:45am Mix & Mingle Coffee Break
10:45am – 12:00pm Posture, Balance, Walking Patterns
12:00pm – 1:00pm Networking Lunch
1:00pm – 2:30pm Introduction to Bone Fit™ Exercises I
2:30pm– 3:30pm Scapular Stabilizer & Combined Exercises
3:30pm – 3:45pm Coffee Break
Clinical Participants Leave
3:45pm – 4:30pm Yoga, Pilates & Gym Exercises, Case Studies
4:30pm – 5:00pm Q&A & Wrap-Up
Day 2 (Clinical) (January 26, 2020)
8:00am – 8:30am Breakfast
8:30am – 9:30am Yoga, Pilates & Gym Exercises
9:30am – 10:45am Bone Fit™ Exercises II
10:45am – 11:00am Coffee Break
11:00am – 12:00pm Bone Fit™ Exercises II
12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm – 2:30pm Foam Roller Exercises & Group Work
2:30pm – 4:00pm Case Studies, Q&A, Wrap-Up
Venue & Address
University of Saskatchewan, 221 Cumberland Ave N., Saskatoon