• Meet an 1812 redcoat soldier and enjoy live musket demonstrations!*
• Enjoy a cup of tea and some traditional recipes from our historic homes at an outdoor picnic area
• Take behind-the-scenes virtual reality tours of the Ontario Waterways
• Learn more about the international legacy of Dr. Norman Bethune and explore an interactive WWI medical display
• Get to know your knots and signalling before you plan a trip to climb aboard the HMCS Haida
• View special underwater footage of the Fathom Five shipwrecks
• Take our “Love at first site” quiz a find the historic site that best matches your personality!
• Get an airbrush tattoo that represents your favourite Parks Canada site
• Traditional crafts, games and much more!
This event is FREE and family-friendly. No pre-registration required.
*Black powder demonstrations may be weather-dependent
Who is it for?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: Saturday, July 7, 2018 | 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Visit parkscanada.gc.ca/rouge for full event schedule details!
Venue: Rouge National Urban Park
Bob Hunter Memorial Park Welcome Area
7277 14th Ave, Markham, ON L6B 1A8
Parking on-site is FREE but limited
Public transport accessible
Accessible by Parkbus. Visit www.parkbus.ca for Parkbus departure times.