A chill is in the air, the hot chocolate is on – come in and warm up with us inside Buddies In Bad Times Theatre for Flamingo Market – Winter Wonderland Edition!
Welcome to Flamingo Market, Torontos only independent bi-monthly market for LGBTQ2SIA+ business owners and makers! Featuring, promoting and fostering the diverse small business and artisan talent that the LGBTQ2SIA+ community has to offer 🏳️🌈
Proudly hosted at the historic Buddies In Bad Times Theatre in the heart of Toronto\’s Gay Village.
Flamingo Market is a FREE ADMISSION Market with an all inclusive, child friendly environment. All are welcome to attend!
Come out and have a gay ol\’ time supporting the local talent that lives within our community!
OUR FLAMBOYANCE (or FLOCK) OF VENDORS:
~ FOOD VENDORS ~
– Comiditas – Serving Peruvian style food & appetizers!
~ PRODUCT VENDORS ~
– Ariane Julien Design – Jewellery
– Cat\’s Art Creations – Accessories/ Miniature Sculptures
– Femmeboyant Designs – Earrings/ necklaces/ collar chains/ bow ties
– Frizz Kid – Prints/ Buttons/ Enamel Pins/ Totes/ T-shirts
– Geek Pride Canada – Jewelry/ Magnets/ Buttons **NEW**
– Gold Star Vintage & Art – T-shirts/ Prints Patches/ Zines **NEW**
– GRRRL Spells – Pins/ Patches/ Stickers/ Shirts/ Beanies/ Keychains/ Zines/ Prints, Altar-Tarot cloth
– H2tbody – Luxury Soaps/ Body Butters/ Balms
– Heidi Cho – Prints/ Cards/ Ceramics
– Jarhead World – Hair Pomade **NEW**
– Let Me Out – LGBT Children’s Book – Author – Childrens Pop-Up Book
– Leezou lgbtq+ – Socks/ T-shirts/ Patches/ Posters/ Pins/ Notebooks
– Lucky Little Queer – Patches/ Pins/ Hand-painted Clothing/ Prints/ Stickers/ T-shirts/ Mugs **NEW**
– Monster Cliche – Enamel Pins/ Hand-Painted Pins/ Keychains/ Earrings/ Stickers/ Patches/ Notebooks/ Apparel
– Nurtured Sew Naturally – Wool Dryer Balls/ Laundry Detergent/ Linen Sprays/ Essential Oils
– SOAP – T-shirts/ Apparel **NEW**
– Panther Daze Designs – Body Harnesses/ Garters/ Chokers
– Pearl St Goods – Leather & Canvas goods: Wallets/ Passport Holder/ Totes/ Toiletry bags and more! **NEW**
– Puff Pants Apparel – Handmade Dog Bandanas/ Dog Bows/ Matching Scrunchies for their humans **NEW**
– Redwood Bead – Traditional & Non-Traditional Beaded items: Moccasins/ Necklaces/ Earrings/ Patches
– Studio Indent – Ceramics including: Mugs/ Pins/ Planters/ Vases/ Incense holders/ Trinket dishes/ Ring cones
– Temper Tantrum – Prints/ Pins/ Patches/ Zines
– The Black Bougie – Black Scented Soy Candles **NEW**
– The Curious Magpie – Embroidery **NEW**
– Thready To Go – Embroidery
– Yas Petit Poulet- Pins/ Postcards/ T-shirts
~ COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS VENDING ~
– Binders OUT Canada -Binders (Pay What You Can!) & Binders OUT Canada Buttons as a Fundraising item
– Feeding Canada/ Founder at Feeding Canada – Feeding Canada swag: Shirts/ Buttons/ Posters, Bags
FUTURE VENDOR CALLS:
Please visit www.flamingomarketto.com to apply – 2020 Date announcement coming soon!
Buddies In Bad Times Theatre is on the traditional lands of the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation, the Haudenosaunee, the Anishnaabe and the Wendat. We acknowledge them and any other Nations who care for the land (acknowledged and unacknowledged, recorded and unrecorded) as the past, present and future caretakers of this land, traditional territory named Tkaronto, “Where The Trees Meet The Water”; “The Gathering Place”. We do not support colonial forces that undermine, distort or erase the vital role of Indigenous people in our world.
Accessibility Note: We\’re proud to say that part of the reason we were so excited to host our events at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is because their venue is fully accessible, including their gender neutral washrooms!
Who is it for?
Free Admission @ Door
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Sunday December 1, 2019 | 1pm-7pm
Venue & Address
Buddies In Bad Times Theatre, 12 Alexander St, Toronto Ontario
Accessible by Public Transport
***As per Buddies In Bad Times Theatre:
Physical Accessibility: Our entrance is accessed by ramp for all patrons. Our washrooms are located on the lower level, which can be reached by attendant-operated elevator*. Some stalls are equipped with bars and provide extra space, though patrons with larger mobility devices may find it a tight fit.
Washrooms: Our washroom facilities are not designated by gender and all patrons are free to use the washroom of their choosing. Both washrooms are equipped with private stalls (including larger stalls that accommodate mobility devices) and communal sinks, one washroom is equipped with urinals that can be used by people of any height.
Service Animals: Accredited service animals are always welcome on our premises. Guide dogs or other service animals, including service animals in training, are allowed to accompany patrons who require them.
* Flamingo Market/ Buddies In Bad Times Theatre will have staff on site so elevator is always personed, to reduce potential barriers to accessibility