Toronto’s annual New Year Eve’s celebration featuring DJ skating parties, live musical performances and spectacular fireworks.
The event will culminate with the countdown to the new year followed by a spectacular fireworks display at midnight.
Who is it for?
All ages – Family
WHEN & WHERE
12 a.m. – Countdown to the new year featuring a spectacular fireworks display.
Venue : Nathan Philips Square, 100 Queen St W, Toronto
Public transit accessible –
Road closures around Toronto’s Nathan Phillips Square on New Year’s Eve
There will be a series of downtown road closures and restrictions beginning at 5 p.m. on December 31 to accommodate New Year’s Eve celebrations at Toronto’s Nathan Phillips Square. The closures/restrictions will be in effect until 2 a.m. on January 1.
The closures and restrictions will affect an area that borders Dundas Street West to the north, Yonge Street to the east, University Avenue to the west, and Richmond Street to the south.
Specific closures and restrictions:
• Bay Street from Dundas Street West to Richmond Street West will be restricted to local traffic.
• Queen Street West from Yonge Street to University Avenue will be fully closed.
• York Street from Richmond Street West to Queen Street West will be fully closed.
• Elizabeth Street from Foster Place to Hagerman Street will be fully closed.
• Hagerman Street from Elizabeth Street to Bay Street will be fully closed.
• Albert Street from James Street to Bay Street will be restricted to local traffic.
• James Street from Queen Street West to Albert Street will be restricted to local traffic.