Toronto’s annual New Year Eve’s celebration featuring DJ skating parties, live musical performances and spectacular fireworks.
The New Year’s Eve celebration will feature:
• a skating party, sponsored by Tim Hortons®, with DJ Nana Zen who brings alternative hip-hop and Caribbean culture to her unique live mixes.
• Juno nominated cellist and composer Cris Derksen, who intertwines the traditional and contemporary with new school electronics to create genre-defying music.
• globally distinguished, Juno nominated, vocalist and musical visionary Zaki Ibrahim, who blends retro R&B vibes with electronics to create and futuristic soul through her headline performance.
• a fireworks display from the towers of Toronto City Hall at midnight.
Who is it for?
All ages – Family
Accessible viewing areas and an ASL interpreter will be on site for all to enjoy this special evening.
WHEN & WHERE
- 8:50 p.m. – Traditional Welcome by Elder Cat Criger
- 9 p.m. – DJ Skating Party with Nana Zen sponsored by Tim Hortons
- 10 p.m. – Cris Derksen
- 10:45 p.m. – Nana Zen
- 11:05 p.m. – Zaki Ibrahim
- 12 a.m. – Fireworks display by leading pyrotechnic specialists Group Fiatlux Ampleman.
8:35 p.m. – Ice Rink
9:30 p.m. – Nathan Phillips Square
10:30 p.m. – Bay Street
Venue : Nathan Phillips Square, 100 Queen St W, Toronto
Public transit accessible –
Road closures around Toronto’s Nathan Phillips Square on New Year’s Eve
There will be a series of downtown road closures and restrictions beginning at 5 p.m. on December 31 to accommodate New Year’s Eve celebrations at Toronto’s Nathan Phillips Square. The closures/restrictions will be in effect until 2 a.m. on January 1.
The closures and restrictions will affect an area that borders Dundas Street West to the north, Yonge Street to the east, University Avenue to the west, and Richmond Street to the south.
Queen Street from Yonge Street to University Avenue
Bay Street from Dundas Street West to Richmond Street West
Elizabeth Street from Foster Place to Hagerman Street
Hagerman Street from Elizabeth Street to Bay Street
Albert Street between James Street to Bay Street
York Street at Queen Street West