Get a glimpse into Vancouver’s rough and rowdy past on a walking tour of the historic Gastown neighborhood. Hear haunting tales of the city’s darkest days, when fires, smallpox and gold dust fever swept through the frontier outpost. Visit the neighborhood’s landmarks and historic sites as your guide evokes the thieves, hustlers and vagabonds that made the west so wild.
Visit Gastown’s most famous sites, the Steam Clock, Gassy Jack statue, Byrne’s Block, Hotel Europe and Maple Tree Square Weave through the back streets, alleyways and secret spaces of Gastown.
Who is it for?
Wheelchair/ Stroller accessible
Service animals allowed
Tickets : Adult: $30.45 to 31.50
Senior: $27.30 to $28.35
Youth: $27.30 to $28.35
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date: Various Dates until November 30, 2019 | 8:00 PM
Resumes from March 3, 2020
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Venue & Address
Mobi Bike Share, 441-499 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver
Maple Tree Square, Vancouver
- Cathedral of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary, 646 Richards St, Vancouver — The walking tour begins at the gothic Holy Rosary Cathedral in Vancouver. A suitable setting for an adventure deep into Gastown’s gothic history! Duration: 10 minutes
- Victorian Hotel, 514 Homer St, Vancouver — After venturing down a long forgotten alleyway we arrive at the historic Hotel Victorian to discover how our character’s life took shape…and what really happened to them in the Klondike. Duration: 10 minutes
- Gastown, Waterfront between Granville and Main Sts. North of Hastings St., Vancouve — We enter the cobblestone streets of Vancouver’s famous Gastown district… Duration: 1 hour
- Gastown Vancouver Steam Clock, 305 Water St, Vancouver — We weave a path into Gastown, discovering back streets and alleyways, to arrive in the heart of Gastown at the famous steam clock. Along the way you’ll hear the tragic stories of the woman in the well and the Great Vancouver Fire, and discover Gastown in the 1800s. Duration: 10 minutes
- Gassy Jack, 1 Water St Maple Tree Square, Vancouver — Old Gassy Jack stands on top of a barrel of whiskey and surveys Maple Tree Square. Discover how much of a rogue he really was! Duration: 10 minutes
- Gaoler’s Mews, 12 Water St, Vancouver — You’ll follow the lamplight of your storyteller into Gaoler’s Mews as the shocking finale is revealed… Duration: 10 minutes
- Maple Tree Square, 107 Carrall St Gastown, Vancouver — After hearing tales of smallpox, George Vancouver’s journey to the end of the earth, and the infamous bawdy house run by Madam Birdie Stewart, you’ll emerge in iconic Maple Tree Square – one of Vancouver’s most photographed and loved locations. Duration: 10 minutes