Mini Mondays are very special days at the Children’s Museum! Join us on Mondays for a fun-filled morning of creative and stimulating programming exclusively designed for toddlers.
For songs, games, crafts, and more, join us starting in September for our new Mini Mondays programming!
Choose from three exciting options as you register for weeks of fun. With musical sessions led by trained facilitators from Prelude Music and themed sessions led by our experienced early years museum staff, each week is a new adventure.
Mini Mondays are geared towards children aged 0-4 and their caregivers. Each session consists of 60-minutes of programming followed by a 30-minute coffee/tea service*, complete with activities to keep your little ones engaged and learning.
(*Coffee/Tea Service is intended for caregivers only. For children, a beverage of your choice can be brought from home or juice boxes in apple juice, orange juice, or mixed berry flavours will be available for purchase at each session.)
Dates and themes for registered Mini Monday programming are as follows:
- Monday, September 9, 2019 – Prelude Music
- Monday, September 16, 2019 – Campfire Tales
- Monday, September 23, 2019 – Prelude Music
- Monday, September 30, 2019 – Builders and Blocks
- Monday, October 7, 2019 – Prelude Music
- Monday, October 21, 2019 – Prelude Music
- Monday, October 28, 2019 – Hello, Fall!
- Monday, November 4, 2019 – Prelude Music
- Monday, November 18, 2019 – Prelude Music
- Monday, November 25, 2019 – Charming Chefs
- Monday, December 2, 2019 – Prelude Music
- Monday, December 9, 2019 – Warm Winter Wishes
- Monday, December 16, 2019 – Mini Monday with Santa
Tickets: Registration in each session also includes full day museum admission for your child, yourself, and an additional caregiver!
Registration options are as follows:
- Individual Week Registration – $20/week
- Monthly Registration – $18/week
- Full Season Registration (all 13 weeks!) – $16/week
General Museum admission: $11 + GST
How to Register?
- By Phone: Call 204.924.4005
- Online: Complete and submit the Mini Mondays Registration Request Form found here.
- In Person: By appointment only. Please contact 204.924.4005 for registration requests.
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: Mondays, September 9 – December 16, 2019 | 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Venue: Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 4T6
Visitors can reach The Forks on Waterfront Drive from Pioneer or Water Avenue and through three entrances off Main Street, including:
- Via the Fort Gibraltar Trail at the foot of the Bridge of The Old Forts on Main Street
- Through the underpass just south of Union Station
- Through The Forks underpass at Main Street and York Avenue
Walking & Biking – Pedestrian and bicycle access is available along the Riverwalk and other pathways. Bicycle commuters can find free bicycle parking at a number of locations around The Forks, as indicated on this Bicycle Parking Map courtesy of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ.
Public Transportation – There is excellent public transit service available to The Forks with the #38 Salter route and the free Downtown Spirit Bus Service via Winnipeg Transit. Call the Transit information line at (204) 986-5700 for further details.
Driving & Parking – Effective October 1, 2018, the Children’s Museum will no longer be capable of refunding parking fees paid at FNP Parking machines. The Forks (and its subsidiary FNP Parking) manage all parking onsite at The Forks, and there is a combination of daily and hourly paid parking available – including identified handicap stalls close to all facilities – for Forks visitors (as indicated onThe Forks Map).
Boating & Splash Dash Water Bus Service
Serving several docks throughout downtown Winnipeg with a dock to dock service, the Splash Dash Water Bus Service links Osborne Village, the grounds of the Legislature, Taché Dock, St. Boniface Hospital, and the Exchange District from its home port at The Forks. The Water Buses are wheelchair accessible and operate seven days a week. A charter service and half hour interpretive tours are also available on Splash Dash. Call 204.783.6633 for more information including rates and tours offered.