See North America’s largest land mammal from just meters away, interacting in their natural habitat. Go on an adventure into our prairie past, and leave knowing more about how bison have shaped Canada’s history.
Who is it for?
About This Experience
- Tour length is 1 hour
- Guests are encouraged to bring a camera (and to take a bison selfie!)
- Passengers must remain on the bus at all times.
- Bus does not accommodate wheelchairs; passengers must be able board the bus independently.
- Bison Safaris are weather and ground conditions-dependent; tours may be cancelled or postponed.
- End your tour with lunch at the Buffalo Stone Café (no admission required) or a visit to FortWhyte Alive (general admission required).
- Book Your Own Private Bison Safari
Create the ultimate experience for your family or group. Private bookings are available with a minimum of 10 participants (minimum fee $180, regular seat pricing in effect). Please call (204) 989-8355 ext. 204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire. Disponsible en français
- A Prairie Legacy: The Bison and Its People
For a deeper dive into our shared prairie history, you might also be interested in our Canadian Tourism Signature Experience A Prairie Legacy: The Bison and Its People. This signature tour combines the popular Bison Safari experience with the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of our shared prairie history – leaving you with an one-of-a-kind experience you won’t soon forget.
- $18 for Adults
- $15 for FortWhyte Alive Members
- $10 for Child Under 12 (children must be accompanied by an adult)
To extend your visit to see and explore more of FortWhyte Alive, general admission still applies, and is not included in the ticket price.
How to get tickets?
Or register with our bookings office by phone at (204) 989-8355 x 311
Bison Safaris sell out weeks in advance and we strongly encourage making reservations to avoid disappointment.
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: Thursdays, May & June | 1:30 PM
Wednesday – Saturday, July & August | 1:30 PM
Thursdays, September | 1:30 PM
Venue: FortWhyte Alive, 1961 McCreary Road, Winnipeg, MB R3P 2K9
Public transport accessible