Create fast & fun hand-drawn GIFs between 3s – 10s long during this remote workshop with Leslie Supnet. Learn the basics of animation such as squash & stretch, easing, timing through the creation of animated GIFs. No experience necessary- just patience and willingness to learn! We will be drawing on paper – not in Photoshop. Afterwards, we can upload them to GIPHY (must create an account) to share with the world.
– 1 or 2 packs of 100 4″x6″ index cards (white or any colour of your choosing)
– Pencils, markers, pencil crayons, paint and/or Sharpies
– Masking tape
– Phone, point and shoot camera or scanner
– Tripod for your camera to shoot overhead
– Adjustable lamps or clamp lights
– Light table (preferred but OK if you don’t have one)*
*Participants have access to our light tables (which will be sanitized) before the workshop. Please email email@example.com to pick up on Friday.
Leslie Supnet is a contemporary experimental filmmaker who creates media works that explore themes of loss, change and the passage of time. Using animation, live-action, found footage and material exploration, Supnet’s process is guided by lyricism and experimenting with analog and digital special effects. Leslie completed her MFA in Film at York University in 2016, and has previously taught at various artist-run centres in Canada, at OCAD University and through TIFF’s Reel Comfort program.
Tickets:30 – $60
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
Saturday, October 17, 2020 | 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM