Johannes Brahms admired Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart so much so that in his final years, he reportedly declared Mozart as the ‘greatest composer that ever lived’, even collecting first editions and autographs of Mozart’s works. The WSO’s Gwen Hoebig and Daniel Scholz are put in the spotlight with Mozart’s famous Sinfonia concertante, followed by Brahm’s sumptuously beautiful and relaxing Serenade No. 2 in A Major.
Daniel Raiskin, Conductor
Gwen Hoebig, violin
Daniel Scholz, viola
Sinfonia concertante in E-flat major, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Serenade No. 2 in A major, Brahms
For your dining enjoyment with the Mozart & Brahms livestream, Chef Makarenko is offering the following:
Your choice of any Tarte Flambée (French-style pizza, sufficient for two people).
- Traditional: Cork cheese, caramelized onions, crisp bacon, Swiss cheese
- Forrestier: Cork cheese, caramelized onions, wild mushrooms, Swiss cheese
- Mediterranean: Basil pesto, red peppers, artichokes, tomatoes, goat cheese
- Aquitaine: Black fig jam, prosciutto, goat cheese, arugula
Tarte Flambée arrives parbaked with heating instructions included.
Your choice of any two salads
- House Greens – Heritage baby lettuce, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, shallots, herbs cucumbers, balsamic vinaigrette
- Spinach and Beet – Roasted beets, baby spinach, yogurt labneh, gala apples, pepitas, hemp seeds, raspberry vinaigrette
Your choice of any two desserts
- Rum Baba – warm rum cake with apricot honey glace with whipped cream
- Dulce de Leche dark chocolate tart – rich chocolate ganache, chocolate tarte, covered with caramel
Your choice of one bottle of wine (sponsored by Manitoba Liquor Marts)
The evening will also include an early bird draw from our popular 50/50 Raffle with prizes selected ESPECIALLY FOR MOM, including:
Nurturing Mom Package (2 identical packages available)
- A signed CD from Renée Fleming
- 100% pure silk top Zara L’Ange limited edition print, made in Italy
- Nordik Spa Body Lotions
- Bottle of Wine
- Chocolates by Melt Chocolate Company
- Cuivisin Ice Bucket
- Original Art by Ludo Grollé
- Gift Certificate from High Tea Bakery
- Cheese board from Manitoba Liquor Marts (Board only, does not include food)
Wine Spectacular Package (donated by Ma Vie En Vin, Flavia Fernandez Fabio)
- An offering of fine wine (value $100)
- Wine Carafe
- Exploring Wine Regions: Argentina This is a beautiful pictorial travel guide to the three top wine regions of Argentina: Mendoza, Salta and Patagonia.
- Corkscrews and Bubbly Stopper
- BBQ brush
Tickets: Tickets are $225, including a $100 charitable tax receipt.
How to get tickets?
To purchase tickets, order online or contact Theresa Huscroft at 204-949-3973.
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
Saturday, May 8, 2021
Food delivery to your home: 3:30 – 6:00 pm
Livestream concert begins: 7:30 pm
Pre-concert chat: 7:05 pm