Ontario has announced that it is accelerating second doses of COVID-19 vaccines for people in Delta variant hot spots as people with one vaccine dose are less protected against the highly infectious Delta variant.
Starting Monday, June 14th, residents in seven designated areas who received their first dose on or before May 9 can now book an appointment for an earlier second shot.
Who is Eligible
All 12+ residents who live in delta hot spot regions who received their first dose of an mRNA vaccine on or before May 9, 2021 will be eligible to book their accelerated second dose appointment.
Delta Hot Spot Regions:
- Halton public health unit
- Peel public health unit
- Porcupine public health unit
- Toronto public health unit
- Waterloo public health unit
- Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph public health unit
How to Book Second Dose Appointment:
- Provincial Booking Line –Online; Phone: -833-943-3900 (TTY 1-866-797-0007);
- Via Public Health Units
- Pharmacies offering Moderna Vaccines for 18+ (by the day of vaccination)
- Pharmacies offering Pfizer vaccinesfor those turning 12+ in 2021.
- AstraZeneca after eight or more weeks after their first dose.