Whether you are looking for fun ideas for a date, a day trip trip with your date or a cozy night out, you will find plenty of options in and around Ottawa. Here are 25 Date Ideas in Ottawa Region.
For more ideas, see Things to do this weekend in Ottawa.
— Arranged in no particular order.
- Broadhead Brewery: This locally owned brewery in Nepean whips up local favourite brews. Head here for a relaxed date trying flights in their funky microbrewery!
- The Diamond Cooking show: A fun twist on dinner out! At the Diamond Cooking show experience two professional chefs whip up a delicious 3 course meal right before your eyes. The chefs utilize fresh, local ingredients while letting you in on revolutionary tips and tricks on cooking classics.
- Absolute Comedy: Regarded as the best live stand-up comedy from across North America, at Absolute Comedy you can treat your date to night of delicious food and plentiful laughter!
- Arlington Five: A quaint coffee shop makes for the perfect date setting. Arlington Five has it all: trendy interior, wonderful staff and fabulous coffee.
- National Gallery of Canada: Spark conversation with your date as your peruse the various exhibitions, galleries and art from around the globe. If you’re really wanting to immerse yourselves, splurge on a guided tour or opt for an audio guide, a great reference to learn all the ins and outs.
- The Loft: From Sunday – Thursdays at The Loft, there is no maximum time that they will let you enjoy their space. With an endless supply of fantastic board games, books, drinks and food it’s a really fun and easy going way to spend the day with your date.
- Oh, so good!: Late night desert anyone? Your date will be over the moon at the idea of indulging together with one of Oh so goods pies, cakes or cheesecakes! Romantic!
- The Moon Room: This cozy space is the perfect venue to heat up the romance! The drinks are hand crafted to perfection, each made to order. The Moon Room is known for its fantastic and friendly service which helps to create a lovely ambiance for your next date night!
- Escape Manor: Take your relationship to new levels as you explore the themed rooms searching for clues in a race against the clock in this exciting escape room!
- The Mud Oven: Ottawa’s premier destination for all things ceramics, this vibrant art studio is located in the wonderful Old Ottawa South district! You and your date can pick from a variety of items to paint or get right into it by glazing and firing your own hand-crafted ceramics!
- Walkley Bowling: On the weekends, enjoy a bowling experience like none other! Rock n Bowl gets the whole alley glow in the dark, with music cranked and even a laser light show! The venue is fully licenced so enjoy a drink or two over a game of bowling!
- Altitude Gym: At Altitude Gym, you and your partner will get the chance to rock climb indoors! Explore new heights as you take on the different challenges the gym has to offer including bouldering!
- Sound and Light show at Parliament Hill: The Parliament are already stunning on their own. This gets taken to new levels from July – September with a free show in the evening. You and your loved one will be taken on a historical journey through the history of Canada combing bold technology and wonderful Canadian stories.
- Calypso Water Park: Open for the hot months between June and September, this massive water park makes for a fun and exciting date. There are tons of different attractions including water slides, pools and hot tubs.
- Camp Fortune Explorer Park: Zipline through Gatineau Park experiencing the views from an unforgettable aerial view! Then challenge your date to the forest park where you will test your balance, wit and bravery at treetop heights.
- Vineyards: Get all dresssd up, with someone fun to go! Head to Vineyards wine bar and bistro for an evening of tasting fine wines and delicious food. On Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays amp up date night with live jazz music from 7-10!
- Nordik Spa: Enjoy a day for the two of you to reconnect and relax. With the couples package, you will start the day with a coffee and warm croissant, in a whisper room of the spa. Next, head to the Finlandia and Banya saunas where you will enjoy aromatherapy, essential oils and music. This will be followed by a side by side massage in nature followed by a gourmet meal enjoyed in the comfort of your robes!
- Captiva Farms: Escape bustling city life and enjoy 450 acres of farming paradise. Hit the trails horseback together as you explore this idyllic setting miles away from cars, buildings and your worries.
- Gatineau Park Four tens: These exciting, V-shaped roof cabins offer a unique and romantic outdoor experience that you can do all year round! Explore during the day hiking, snowmobiling and more depending on the season and retreat to this cozy, warm cabins for some alone time.
- Ottawa Senators: Canadians love hockey! The atmosphere at an Ottawa Senators game really can’t be beat as the crowd is always high energy. You and your date will enjoy letting lose for the evening as you cheer on the home team.
- Sky Zone: A date at the Sky Zone Ottawa promises high energy excitement. Choose between freestyle jumping on the wall to wall trampolines, fly in the foam zone or try ultimate basketball with trampolines assisting that slam dunk!
- Canada Science and Technology Museum: This museum offers top of the line digital experience for you and your date! Explore the past present and future as you explore all the ages of technology. There are plenty of rotating exhibitions including plenty of interactive opportunities.
- By ward Market: Exploring Byward Market as a date is a must do! Experience history as you explore the eclectic shops, boutiques and restaurants with something for everyone! This awesome neighbourhood offers a quaint and sweet experience bustling with unforgettable vibes and goodies.
- Rideau Canal: Right in the heart of the city, the Rideau Canal is a stunning piece of what Ottawa what it is! Regarded as a UNESCO World Heritage site, experience the canal by boat, car, cycling or hiking! The choice is yours.
- Ottawa Little Theatre: This theatre offers professional shows with a strong sense of community. It’s a cherished place within the history and story of Ottawa and offers dynamic shows from contemporary to classic!
UPCOMING 10 EVENTS FOR A DATE NIGHT
You may like:
More Things to Do in Ottawa