A list of 25 things to do to enjoy the annual premiere winter celebration of Canada – Winterlude-2018.
Winterlude kicks off on February 2, lighting up the capital during its 40th annual celebration with spectacular ice sculptures, rocking entertainment, and great family fun!
You may like:
1. Attend Winterlude Kick-Off Party! Party during 40th Winterlude Kick-Off Celebrations at Confederation Park on Feb. 2, when Canadian performers will take the Circle K stage, accompanied by a laser show and much more!
Friday, February 2, 7 p.m @ Confederation Park, Circle K Stage
2. See 30 gigantic illuminated snow sculptures during Mosaïvernales Gatineau 2018 – Winter Magic
January 26 to March 4, 2018 @ Jacques Cartier Park South, 164 Laurier Street, Gatineau
3. Admire dazzling masterpieces displaying a fusion of art, ice, and light at the Crystal Garden. Comeback at night to witness breathtaking and mystical sight when the sculptures are lit with special lighting.
Where & Where: February 2 to 19, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m @ Confederation Park.
Notable sculptures this year include — 40th Winterlude ice sculpture, a Trotting on the Canal ice sculpture, a PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games ice sculpture, a Canadian Museum of Nature “Butterfly in Flight” ice sculpture and a Delegation of the European Union ice sculpture.
4. Don’t miss a laugh at Alterna Savings Crackup Comedy Festival.
February 5 – 17, 2018 @ Various Venues, Ottawa.
5. Be a child at Snowflake Kingdom.
February 2 to 19 @ north end of Jacques-Cartier Park – 350 Laurier Street, Gatineau
6. Experience electrifying music from Canadian artists during Sub-Zero Concert Series.
Fridays and Saturdays, February 2, 3, 9, 10, 16 and 17 | 7:30 p.m. @ Confederation Park
7. Tipple at Gatineau Winter Beerfest 2018
Friday and Saturday, February 2 and 3, 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. @ Canadian Museum of History
8. Get all the stew you can eat during ByWard Market Annual Winterlude Stew Cook-Off
Friday, February 9th, 2018 from 11:30 to 2:00 p.m. @ ByWard Market, William Square – York Street at William. For only $10 get all the stew you can eat from over 20 ByWard Market restaurants.
9. Shake off the cold and get into the groove with local DJ’s during ByWard Blizzard Beats
Saturdays, February 3, 10 and 17, Sundays, February 4, 11 and 18, 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. @ ByWard Garage, 70 Clarence Street, Loading Bays
10. Discover the lifestyle and culture of Indigenous people of yesterday and today through stories, songs and games
Saturdays, February 3, 10 and 17, Sundays, February 4, 11 and 18, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Monday, February 19, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ Jacques-Cartier Park North
11. Join for the silent disco party – Quiet Clubbing Party
Where & Where: Saturday, February 3, 2018 | 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm @ Confederation Park
12. How many snowmen / sculptures can you find in Glebe or during the ByWard Blizzard Snow’Art ?
February 2 to February 19, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. @Various locations throughout Glebe.
ByWard Blizzard Snow’Art: February 2 to 19, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. @ Various locations, ByWard Market
13. Watch as master ice carvers create intricate snow sculptures during 31st Crystal Garden International Ice-Carving Competition
Friday, February 2, 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday, February 3, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday, February 4, 8 a.m. to noon @ Confederation Park
14. Participate in Gatineau Loppet – biggest international cross-country ski event in Canada or in Winterman Marathon & Relays, Half Marathon, 3K, 5K, & 10K
Gatineau Loppet: Friday, February 16, 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, February 17, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, February 18, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.@ École secondaire Mont-Bleu, 389 de la Cité-des-Jeunes Boulevard
Winterman: Sunday, February 18, 8 a.m.@ Canadian War Museum, 1 Vimy Place
15. Have an epic dog sledding experience!
Saturdays and Sundays, February 3, 4, 10, 11, 17 and 18, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Monday, February 19, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.@ Jacques-Cartier Park North
16. Zoom down the Super Slides!
February 2 to February 19 | Mondays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sundays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. @Jacques-Cartier Park North
17. Be amazed during Extreme Aerial Acrobatic and Trampo-Wall Show
Friday, February 2, Saturdays, Sundays and Monday, February 19, 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. @ Jacques-Cartier Park North
18. Rock out at TD Ottawa Winter Jazz Fest
February 8 to 10, 2018 @ La Nouvelle Scéne, 333 King Edward Ave
19. Join hundreds of winter enthusiasts and participate in Winterlude Triathlon 2018.
Saturday, February 3, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. @ Rideau Canal Skateway, Dow’s Lake
20. Discover a wide range of Ontario and Quebec craft beers and sample delicious gourmet food during Winter Brewfest.
Friday, February 16, 6 p.m. to 1 a.m.; Saturday, February 17, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.; @ Horticulture Building, Lansdowne Park
21.Cheer the costumed teams race decorated hospital beds across the frozen ice during Annual Accora Village Bed Race.
Saturday, February 17, 12:30 p.m. (Parade of beds) and 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Race) @ Rideau Canal Skateway (Dow’s Lake)
22. Have you seen ice dragon boats racing down the frozen Rideau Canal Skateway?
Saturday, February 10, 2018 @ Rideau Canal Skateway, Dow’s Lake
23. Chill out at the Chill Lounge – a winter oasis of evergreen trees, muskoka-style chairs and snow art.
February 2 to 19, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. @ downtown Rideau at Ogilvy Square (Nicholas Street between Rideau and Besserer Streets)
24. Explore the glowing garden of sculpted snow and lanterns at Lansdowne Winter Garden.
February 2 to 19, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. @ Aberdeen Square, Lansdowne Park
25. Snap a selfie with the Ice Hogs family.
When & Where: February 2 to 19 @ Various Locations, Ottawa & Gatineau.
Paid Parking: Bronson Avenue, Dows Lake, Jacques-Cartier Park, National Arts Centre (NAC), Rideau Centre, World Exchange Plaza, Ottawa City Hall
Various Road Closures in Effect.