The city of Edmonton has announced that five City of Edmonton recreation centres will reopen on July 6 with COVID-19 safety measures in place.
Fitness centres and gymnasiums (for badminton and pickleball only) at Terwillegar, Commonwealth, Clareview and The Meadows Community Recreation Centres will reopen July 6. Pools at Clareview Community Recreation Centre, Bonnie Doon Leisure Centre and Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre will reopen July 20. Kinsmen Sports Centre will open fitness centres and some field house amenities on July 13, while a partial reopening of its pools for public use is scheduled for August 4.
Edmonton Recreation Centres Reopening Dates:
Fitness Centres and Gymnasium Racquet Courts
- Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre – July 6
- Clareview Community Recreation Centre – July 6
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre – July 6
- The Meadows Community Recreation Centre – July 6
- Kinsmen Sports Centre – July 13.
- Clareview Community Recreation Centre aquatics area – July 20
- Jasper Place Fitness and Leisure Centre – July 20
- Bonnie Doon Leisure Centre – July 20
- Select pools at Kinsmen Sports Centre will be open for public use – August 4.
- Kenilworth Arena – July 2
- Clareview Twin Arena – July 2
- Londonderry Arena – July 2
- Callingwood Twin Arena – July 2
- Mill Woods Twin Arena – July 2
- Castle Downs Twin Arena – July 6
- Russ Barnes Arena – July 7
- The Meadows Twin Arena – July 13
Rules & Restrictions
- Anyone wanting to visit a recreation centre must book a time online.
- Reservations for times at fitness centres and gymnasiums will open at 1:30 p.m. on July 3.
- Reservations for pools will open on July 13.
- The city recommends patrons to wear a mask when they are not engaging in intense physical activity.
- Wearing masks in pools is not allowed.