Ikea will be hosting a festival featuring musicians, artists, chefs, designers and creators online and across 50 markets around the world this month.
The free festival will be held at IKEA locations across Canada and will feature limited capacity, interactive, in-store activities such as creative spaces where visitors can learn art techniques, workshop spaces where visitors can discover organization and room planning pro-tips, along with how to extend the life of their most favourite IKEA products.
The 4-day festival from September 16 to 19th, will offer discounts for IKEA Family members including $20 off a purchase of $100 or more.
In addition to IKEA Canada’s in-store activities, on Thursday, September 16 the IKEA Festival will feature a free, action-packed, 24-hour online experience that includes a dynamic assortment of short films, shows, and live streams.
IKEA will also showcase online ongoing projects and collaborations and the brand will also travel back in time to a digital museum exploring IKEA’s diverse 70-year history.
Other online events include:
- IKEA news from the prototype shop in Älmhult, Sweden and factory floor in Zbąszynek, Poland
- Intimate concerts from the homes and studios of emerging and established musicians such as the Linda Lindas (the all-female teenage band who stormed the internet with their punk show from the LA Public Library), Ryan Harris (the Whistler, BC-based filmmaker and musician), Clay & Friends (the Montreal, QC-based group renowned for their high-energy blend of hip-hop, soul and funk)
- A club music marathon with DJ relay sets from acclaimed producers like Kaytranada and TOKiMONSTA
- Home visits and home makeover inspiration from individuals and interior designers across the globe showcasing diverse lives and shared rituals
- Profound conversations at home with current and former IKEA collaborators like Ilse Crawford and Virgil Abloh
- Healthy, planet-friendly, recipes and cooking demonstrations with popular foodies and chefs like Nadia Caterina Munno (aka The Pasta Queen) and Chef Paul Svensson (the legendary zero-waste, plant-based culinary creator, restaurateur and cookbook author)
What: Set in everyday homes, studios, and neighbourhoods worldwide, the IKEA Festival turns living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, and backyards into virtual stages for performances and experiences. Taking place in more than 100 homes across more than 50 markets around the world, IKEA Festival is a global experience open to everyone, for free.
When: September 16 to 19, 2021
Where: Ikea Stores & Online
In-person Stores at: Calgary, Edmonton, Coquitlam, Richmond, Winnipeg, Halifax, Burlington, Etobicoke, North York, Ottawa, Vaughan, Boucherville, Montreal, Quebec
How Much: Free