A leading summer event in Paris for the past 30 years, this elegant and secret affair returns to Thursday, August 16, 2018 at a secret location.
On June 3rd, Le Diner en Blanc de Paris marked its 30th anniversary! A record 17,000 guests from Paris and around the world gathered at the Esplanade des Invalides to celebrate this historic moment.
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc – Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on six continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in close to 80 cities in 30 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Participation to this unique Toronto event happens in three stages:
- Phase one is for members who attended the previous year;
- Phase two is for new members who are referred by Phase one attendees;
- Phase three is for people who signed up on the waiting list.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine: Guests wishing to enjoy wine and/or Champagne with dinner, must reserve bottles curated by Charlie’s Burgers Wine Club online through the Dîner en Blanc Toronto’s e-store. Guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- Gourmet picnic basket options from caterer Food Dudes will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc Toronto’s e-store.