If you are looking for a unique date idea, whether it is a romantic date or a fun filled one, a day time date or for the night, look no further than Black Creek Pioneer Village!
Spanning more than 30 acres of pristine country landscapes, the Black Creek Pioneer Village includes 40 heritage buildings from communities across south central Ontario fully furnished from a collection of over 50,000 historical artifacts.
HERE ARE TOP TEN THINGS TO DO ON A BLACK CREEK PIONEER VILLAGE DATE:
- Tour the historic brewery or sample period ales drawn right from the barrel. Purchase a Growler of Beer to take home and share with your friends. Did you know that Black Creek Brewery is Canada’s only working, historic brewery? The brewmaster uses techniques, tools and recipes used by brewers back in the 1800s.
- If it is a soul shaking psychological experience that you are looking for, then experience the Victorian-style séance inside one of the oldest and most haunted buildings in the city.
- What about testing your aim? Harness your inner lumberjack and hone your skills with the axe. Get hands-on instruction in the throwing arts then face off each other in a competitive tournament. If you want a night time experience, then drop-in on Saturday nights to test your aim.
- Want to take part in the latest craze of Escape rooms? Then explore the village together to solve puzzles and challenges to break the curse and escape from the ancient evil that has descended upon Black Creek.
- Stroll together listening to the Black Creek ghost stories. This spooky setting under lantern-light will send chills down your spine.
- Try Goat Yoga– one-of-a-kind experience that will appeal even if you have never tried yoga!
- Does your date love animals? Then see how many of rare and heritage breed animals you can spot or identify — the collection includes Cochin chickens, Border Leicester sheep and the ever-popular Clydesdale horses.
- Throughout the operating season, the village holds special events from Harvest Festivals to spooky Halloween celebrations and splendid Christmas themed festivities! Visit the village once again during these special events!
- Explore 40+ historic homes and gardens — from Smoke Houses to various themed gardens, there are plenty see!
- Get something to remember your wonderful day at the Black Creek Village from the gift shop — items include Village-made items, hand-woven rugs, pillows, leather works and more!