Let’s face it, finding the perfect gift for Mom is a monster task because nothing ever seems good enough and when you finally do find something semi-worthy, it’s usually always out of your price range. However, it’s usually not that hard to make mom happy. So, this Mother’s Day why not go that extra mile and do something for her that will really make her smile?
Surprise Mom with a relaxing weekend Getaway on Mother’s Day in beautiful Nova Scotia. We have created a list of ten beautiful resorts throughout the province, so your Mom can sit back and relax. Whether you are looking for a luxurious getaway or just somewhere cozy for Mom to unwind, there is something for everyone. Take a browse through the list below and surprise your Mom with a relaxing weekend getaway this Mother’s Day in Nova Scotia.
1. White Point Beach Resort – White Point
Located along a kilometer stretch of beautiful white, sandy beach, White Point Beach Resort is an iconic seaside resort that has been a popular year-round oceanfront beach vacation destination since 1928. It is open year-round for visitors to enjoy the gorgeous South Shore that is considered to be ‘alive’ since it changes during the year due to the strength of the tides and surf’s activity of the Atlantic Ocean.
This Mother’s Day, take Mom to White Point Beach to enjoy a weekend the resort already has planned out for the whole family. There will be Mother’s Day card making for the kids and the celebration of Migratory Bird Day on Saturday.
On Sunday there will a special Mother’s Day Brunch on the beach that will feature a special menu from Chef Alan from The Founders Lounge.White Point Beach Resort
2. Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa – Digby
Whisk Mom away to the Digby Pines where she will be amazed by stunning views of the Bay of Fundy from your room or cottage. It is a refreshing coastal escape for those who want to unwind. There is a heated outdoor pool for everyone to enjoy. The AVEDA spa offers a full range of spa treatments that will definitely help Mom to relax.
If Mom enjoys golfing, Digby Pines is well-known for its beautiful 18-hole golf course. There are also wooded hiking trails for Mom to take a leisurely stroll on. After a day of relaxation, Mom can enjoy a superb meal with the family at the Churchill’s Restaurant and Lounge, which offers a new flair on old favourites. Digby Pines Golf Resort & Spa
3. Old Orchard Inn & Spa – WolfvilleTake Mom to the Old Orchard Inn, located just outside Wolfville, for a weekend of rest and relaxation. The Old O offers multiple package deals from a one night stay to a relaxing girls’ weekend, along with their relaxing spa day packages.
While at the Inn, Mom can unwind and enjoy an afternoon at the spa enjoying the services they offer, such as massages, manicures, pedicures, facials, and others.
You can also book a wine tasting for an afternoon at a local vineyard and then return to have a scrumptious dinner at one of the Inn’s two dining rooms or at one of the popular restaurants located in the nearby towns. Old Orchard Inn & Spa
View this post on Instagram
Imagine yourself sitting in front of this amazing fire, with great company and food – the perfect combination. Join us for dinner, be part of this dining experience. Thanks to Terri, who captured the essence of this beautiful fireplace. #annapolisvalley #novascotia #holidayseason
4. Oceanstone Seaside Resort – Peggy’s Cove
Just minutes from the iconic picturesque Peggy’s Cove at the Oceanstone Seaside Resort. This resort is a natural and stunningly beautiful place of renewal where Mom can rest and reconnect with nature and to herself. Once Mom is rested, she may want to tour the area, to take in the sights of the Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse, the Halifax Waterfront, or Lunenburg.
After a relaxing day of sightseeing, enjoy a casual family meal celebrating Mom at the Rhubarb Restaurant, which is located on the grounds of the resort. This beautiful restaurant will delight the palates of comfort foodies and serious gourmands alike with their tasty array of locally-sourced, seasonal, affordable dishes. At the end of the day, Mom will a spectacular sunset and then fall back into the sweet and relaxing embrace of the resort. Oceanstone Seaside Resort
5. The Quarterdeck Beachside Villas and Grill – Summerville CentreThis resort is a hidden gem perched on the beautiful Summerville Beach, a mile of white-sand beaches. It is only a 1.5-hour drive from Halifax, Annapolis Royal, and Yarmouth. There are 13 two bedroom villas that are just steps from the beach. There are 12 upscale lofts with stunning views of the beach. Mom can relax at the spa, catch a movie at the theatre, or take a dip in the pool. The Quarterdeck Beachside Villas and Grill
6. Keltic Lodge – Ingonish
Make a reservation for Mom at the Keltic Lodge, where she can relax on the cliffs of the picturesque Middle Head Peninsula, and enjoy the panoramic views of Cape Smokey along with the beautiful sandy shores of Ingonish Beach. The onsite spa offers multiple spa treatments for a customized experience.
The family can celebrate Mom while enjoying a delicious Mother’s Day meal at one of the Lodge’s two dining rooms, which have spectacular views overlooking the water on both sides of the resort. After dinner, the adults can unwind and enjoy a drink at the Highland Sitting Room while enjoying nightly entertainment with a Celtic flair. Keltic Lodge
7. Cabot Shores – Wellness Retreat – EnglishtownIf you’re looking for a relaxing getaway for Mom, a weekend at a wellness retreat that focuses on the healing arts and wellness exercises, may just be the perfect gift. The staff at Cabot Shores – Wellness Retreats can either customize her stay or you can book their Wellness Package for 1 or 2 nights. The package includes accommodation in the Lodge or in a Yurt for 1 or 2 people, along with a gourmet breakfast and dinner each day in the GoBistro restaurant, which offers delicious meals that are made from scratch with local organic ingredients. The package also includes a meditation session, an evening in a hot tub or Cedar Soaking tub, a hike or kayak/canoe/paddle board rental to explore the beautiful surroundings, along with an hour appointment for the one of the following treatments: a rejuvenating facial, acupressure or acupuncture. Wellness Retreat
8. Fox Harb’r Resort – Wallace
Itching for a golf getaway? This popular Nova Scotia golf getaway starts with Fox Harb’r Resort’s Graham Cooke designed championship golf course, a stunning combination of both parkland and true links style play named a “Best Golf Resort in Canada” by Golf Digest. The getaway package offered includes includes two 18-hole rounds, two days of access to our 9-hole executive course, and to the Fox Harb’r Golf Learning Academy practice facility. Following a great first round of golf, unwind in luxurious all-suite accommodations. Then fuel up for more play with our gourmet breakfast.
View this post on Instagram
Summer days drifting away. To ah, oh, those summer nights. #tbt ••• Fox Harb'r is open annually from May through October. Come visit us on Nova Scotia's North Shore. ••• #foxharbr #foxharbrresort #novascotia #visitnovascotia #luxurytravel #travelgram #summernights #summer #resort #hotel #eastcoast #luxuryhotel #blueskies #summerfeeling #travel #instatravel
9. Atlantica Oak Island – Western Shore
Atlantica Oak Island is celebrating Mom’s with their Mother’s Day Brunch, which will be an exceptional buffet dining experience. Treat your mom to either a Mother’s Day Brunch or a night’s stay at the lovely Atlantica Oak Island resort with their incredible seaside villas and unique ocean front chalets. Mom will enjoy the live music and a meal at the Fireside Lounge. Check out their packages, they have a package for everyone. Atlantica Oak Island
10. Amherst Shore Country Inn – LornevilleBook a relaxing weekend getaway for Mom at this 4 star Inn located between Amherst and Pugwash on the Sunrise Trail. The Inn offers three different types of accommodation to choose from, which are 4 charming chalets, two beautiful suites or two comfortable guest rooms. She will enjoy breathtaking ocean views from their seaside gazebo and beach park setting.
The Inn features gourmet dinners served each evening, by reservation only or for overnight or weekly room/cottage accommodations. The meal consists of soup, salad, main course (choice) and dessert (choice). The offering changes each evening to reflect the diversity of what’s in season, locally. Everything is made and baked in-house. They have a number of Craft beers and spirits available and the wine list features a good selection of Nova Scotia wines. The dining room boasts a star from Where to Eat in Canada, and overlooks the Northumberland Strait. It has a gorgeous view of the sea. Amherst Shore Country Inn
You may like: