To celebrate its 20th anniversary, MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE(February 21 to March 3, 2019), presented in collaboration with Bell, presents a deliciously eclectic gastronomic program, themed “celebrate, feast, create… Montreal style”!
More than 40 of the most creative and innovative chefs in the world will join their Quebecer equivalents behind the stove to create extraordinary meals that will delight the taste buds of festival-goers. You will be able to undertake a rich culinary journey and learn about the traditional and modern flavors of more than 15 different countries, including three countries represented at the festival for the first time: Iceland, Panama and Israel.
What’s new during the 2019 festival:
Quartier Gourmand, a hub of delicious surprises
Located at the Maison du Festival, the Quartier Gourmand during MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE will be the capital of local and international cuisine. There will be two floors where the pleasures of the palate will be highlighted during several conferences, tastings, gourmet offerings, talks and captivating workshops. In addition to this, the ESKA Bar will be available to quench your thirst and offer you personalized cocktails and other drinks made with their spring water.
Gastronomic Program Highlights
– Social gastronomy in Québec, from the heart to the table, presented by the SAQ — A discussion around this theme with several guests, including Jean-François Archambault from La Tablée des Chefs and John Winter Russell from Candide — February 21, L’Astral
– The grilled critic, presented by SAQ — A look into the life of a professional food critic with Jean-Philippe Tastet — February 28, L’Astral
– Instagram and gastronomy: for better and for worse presented by SAQ (in English only) — A discussion about Instagram between Tastet.ca editor-in-chef Élise Tastet, Antonin Mousseau-Rivard, and international chef Camille Becerra — February 25, Le Blumenthal
– Various conferences on Côte-Nord products, a featured region of MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE for the second consecutive year
Activities and demonstrations
– Public discussion with Josée Di Stasio moderated by Jean-Philippe Tastet — The famous TV hostess presents her new book, À la soupe — February 23, La Galerie
– Latte art presented by Touché — Demonstration on latte art by experts and curators of Café Touché and Maxime Richard of Café Pista — February 23 and 24, Salle Gourmande
TASTET’s culinary tours
Élise and Jean-Philippe Tastet, from TASTET.ca—visited by more than two million readers annually—offer three culinary tours. The concept? Discover the inside story of some of the site’s favorite spots, while also learning more about the cultures, cuisines and geographic locations highlighted in the tours.
– Italy in Montreal — with Élise Tastet — February 23, March 2 and 3
– The Middle East in Montreal — with Jean-Philippe Tastet — February 23, March 2 and 3
– Japan in Montreal — with Jean-Philippe Tastet and Kuniko Fujita — February 24 and 25, March 3
Culinary experts tours
Three culinary tours will be presented where experts from the world of wine, cocktails and beer will share their knowledge and passion: the sommelier tour, the microbrewery tour and the mixologist tour.
– The sommelier tour — Visits of the following restaurants and boutiques with Natalie Richard: Vinum Design, Henri Brasserie Française, Labo culinaire Foodlab and Taverne F — February 26
– The microbrewery tour — Visits of the following microbreweries with Bianca Thériault: Cheval Blanc, L’amère à boire, Saint-Bock and Saint-Houblon — February 22
– The mixologist tour — Visits of the following establishments with Natalie Richard: Hôtel Monville, Club Pelicano, Le Mal nécessaire and Le Lab — February 27
Montreal’s Nuit Gourmande
On Saturday, February 23, the Nuit Gourmande, an event full of variety and flavor, will present a plethora of amazing gastronomic activities for gourmet night owls.
How would you feel about a tour of the Jean-Talon market with renowned chef Stelio Perombelon to buy food that will be used to prepare a tasty meal with him, for you and a plus-one of your choice? You will then enjoy wines suggested by sommelier Éric Chevrier of the ITHQ and a dessert demonstration with pastry chef Éric Champagne from Asado restaurant. Saturday, February 23
The festival of our cheeses
For its 13th edition, “the festival of our cheeses” will once again offer the opportunity to meet Quebec’s cheesemakers. They will be happy to answer visitors’ questions and to talk about their creations and the regional specificities that give cheese its flavor and character. Everyone will be able to taste Quebec “classics” and make surprising discoveries, in addition to accessing high-quality cheese at great prices. Presented by Fromages d’ici. February 21 to 23, Grande-Place du complexe Desjardins, Free admission
Also enjoy cheeses from here at a “Fondue” dinner where Québec artisan cheesemakers will be honored in the comforting atmosphere of Auberge Saint-Gabriel on February 22 and 23.
Mondial des cidres 2019 presented by SAQ
The Mondial des cidres SAQ invites the public to learn more about local cider producers and to discover cider in all its variations: sparkling, sweet, dry, ice, flavored… Tastings, contests, gourmet stations and theme nights! March 1 to 3, Grande-Place du complexe Desjardins
Culinary Demonstration with Les Chefs! at Mondial des cidres 2019
The Mondial des cidres 2019 and Radio-Canada are teaming up to invite the general public to a refined culinary experience. TV hostess Élyse Marquis, accompanied by some candidates from the 2018 edition of Les Chefs!, broadcast on ICI RADIO-CANADA TÉLÉ last spring, will be meeting festival-goers at Complexe Desjardins on Friday evening, March 1st and Saturday, March 2 in the afternoon, for an impressive demonstration, followed by a tasting that will awaken the taste buds of gourmets.
“La Tablée des Chefs”: young apprentices in the kitchens of our Air France Finest Tables!
Since 2002, La Tablée des Chefs has been working to feed people in need and develop culinary education for the youth thanks to the involvement of many chefs and cooks. MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE renews its support for the cause and will allow young participants in the La Tablée des Chefs Culinary Brigades training program to have a cooking experience with chefs.
Forty-five Air France Finest Tables await us with gastronomic and winemaking activities for all tastes and budgets. To plan a gourmet itinerary, just go to montrealenlumiere.com (Fine Dining tab). You can book now at: Agrikol, Alexandre et Fils, Auberge Saint-Gabriel, Au Petit Extra, Bar George, Bistro Lustucru, Brasserie T !, Chez Chose, Candide, Chez Victoire, Christophe, État-Major, Europea, Ferreira Café, Graziella, H4C-Place St-Henri, Helena, Henri Brasserie Française, Hoogan et Beaufort, Ikanos, Kitchen Galerie, L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon, La Chronique, Le Blumenthal, Le Local, Le Chasse-Galerie, Le Margaux, Le Montréal, Le Mousso, Le Petit Mousso, Le Quartier Général, Le Valois, Leméac, Maison Boulud, Nom Nom Cantine (W Montreal’s restaurant), Portus 360, Radicelle, Renoir, Restaurant de l’ITHQ, Restaurant Manitoba, Restaurant Pastel, Rosélys, La Société des arts technologiques (Labo culinaire Foodlab and Café SAT), and Vertige.