Dr. Deena Hinshaw announced the first death in Alberta due to COVID-19.
Dr. Deena Hinshaw said that the deceased is a man in his 6os from the Edmonton region who had underlying medical issues and this was a case of community spread.
27 new COVID-19 cases which include 8 due to community transmission were announced today, bringing the total number of cases to 146 in Alberta.
Alberta Coronavirus Cases Statistics on March 19, 2020
Of the total 146 cases in Alberta, five are currently hospitalized, two admitted to intensive care units (ICU), and one patient has died. 59% of the patients are male.
- 101 cases in the Calgary zone
- 29 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 10 cases in the North zone
- Three cases in the Central zone
- Three cases in the South zone