Alberta reported an additional 117 cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of cases in the province to to 871. There have been a total of 11 deaths with two additional deaths reported today.
Snapshot of COVID-19 Cases in Alberta
- A total of 53,141 people have been tested for COVID-19.
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 527 cases in the Calgary zone
- 219 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 57 cases in the Central zone
- 51 cases in the North zone
- 12 cases in the South zone
- Five cases in zones yet to be confirmed
- Of these cases, there are currently 29 people in hospital, with 13 admitted to intensive care units (ICU).
- In total, there have been 62 hospitalizations, with 20 admissions to ICUs.
- Ninety-four of the 871 cases are suspected of being community acquired.
- There are now a total of 142 confirmed recovered cases.
- There are a total of 11 deaths in Alberta – six in the Calgary zone, three in the Edmonton zone, and two in the North zone.
- Alberta Health is tracking outbreaks in the following facilities:
- Calgary zone: McKenzie Towne Long Term Care with 35 confirmed cases, Father Lacombe Care Centre with one confirmed case, and Carewest Glenmore Park centre with one confirmed case.
- Edmonton zone: Shepherd’s Care Kensington, where there are four confirmed cases.