The total number of COVID-19 cases in Alberta is nearing 4500.
As of April 26, a total of 4,480 COVID-19 cases have been reported in Alberta. Of these, 1,549 are recovered. 247 new cases were reported within the last 24 hours.
COVID-19 cases across the province:
- 3,104 cases in the Calgary zone
- 598 cases in the South zone
- 479 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 182 cases in the North zone
- 83 cases in the Central zone
- 34 cases in zones yet to be confirmed
Of these cases, there are currently 83 people in hospital, 20 of whom have been admitted to intensive care units (ICU). 460 cases are suspected of being community acquired.
The total deaths are 73:
- 46 in the Calgary zone;
- 14 in the North zone;
- 10 in the Edmonton zone;
- two in the South zone;
- and one in the Central zone.
To date, 435 cases have been confirmed at continuing care facilities, and 48 residents at these facilities have died.
There have been 125,310 people tested for COVID-19 and a total of 131,572 tests performed by the lab. In the last 24 hours, 4,407 tests have been completed.