Dr. Deena Hinshaw reported 107 new known cases of COVID-19 and 5 additional deaths in Alberta taking the total reported cases in Alberta to 1075. The total number of fatalities related to COVID-19 stands at 18.
Dr. Hinshaw said that this high new number was reported due to more testing in Alberta.
As of April 3, 196 people in Alberta have recovered from COVID-19. Alberta has completed 61,960 tests.
- Of these cases, there are currently 39 people in hospital, with 15 admitted to intensive care units (ICU).
- In total, there have been 74 hospitalizations, with 24 admissions to ICUs.
- Of the 1,075 total cases, 137 are suspected of being community acquired.
- There are now a total of 196 confirmed recovered cases.
- There have been four additional deaths reported in the Calgary zone, and one in the Edmonton zone for a total of 18 deaths in Alberta. Eleven of these deaths have been in the Calgary zone, four have been in the Edmonton zone and three occurred in the North zone.
- Alberta Health is tracking nine outbreaks at continuing care facilities. To date, 88 cases have been confirmed at these facilities.
- There have been 60,508 people tested for COVID-19, and a total of 61,960 tests performed by the lab. There have been 3,563 tests completed in the last 24 hours.
The city of Calgary has cancelled all events through June 30th.