Banff National Park is Canada’s oldest and most celebrated national park – and one worth getting out of the car and onto a trail for. Go back to a simpler time with a 2-hour horseback ride and experience the park at a relaxed pace. Led by your cowboy guide, saddle up and and get a feel for what it was like for pioneers first settling in this once-wild area.
You’ll explore stunning sections of wilderness on this two-hour trip, providing a chance to spot wildlife that you might not get to see while on foot. Plus, our friendly, experienced guides will teach you a few cowboy tricks along the way.
Pass by natural sulphur hot springs as you make your way to one of Banff’s national historic sites: the Cave and Basin. Trek along the tranquil Bow River and take in magnificent views of the Bow Valley before pressing through thick marshes as you climb Sulphur Mountain.
You’ll then continue up to Windy Knoll where you can take striking photos of the sweeping landscape.
• Bow River Trail, Banff
• Cave and Basin National Historic Site, 311 Cave Ave
• Sulphur Mountain
Who is it for?
- Guests participating in horseback riding will need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 230lbs. Banff Trail Riders is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests, which means that the minimum age and maximum weight requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- For our foreign visitors we require an understanding of basic English for our horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from our guides.
- Children aged 17 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders.
- Riders must wear long pants and sturdy closed toed shoes enclosed to the ankle – no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels.
- Adults must sign a waiver for all activities, and a waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any person under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders we regrettably cannot accommodate any disabilities or special needs riders. We recognize that disabled riding is a unique and respected skill set that we at the barns do not have the appropriate equipment or skills to safely execute.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- All guest are required to wear a mask when checking in for their ride or when using the facilities.
Age from 8+: $130.20
- Lead and tail guides
- Use of horse
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Basic horseback riding instruction
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Daily Through October 5, 2020
Start Time: 12:30 PM
Duration: 2 hours
- All riders must arrive 30 minutes prior to their ride time.
Warner Stables – Banff Trail Riders, 100 Sundance Rd, Banff
and Returns to original departure point