Enjoy a beautiful day rafting down the picturesque Kananaskis River in Alberta, Canada. This day trip from Banff or Canmore will get you into a raft and cruising down for 1.5 – 2 hours on the turquoise waters of the Kananaskis River, one of Alberta’s most pristine waterways. This excursion is an ideal introduction to the thrill of whitewater rafting, and is great for families or groups on the class 1-3 rapids. Spot local wildlife and soak up Canada’s unparalleled beauty as you cruise down this beautiful river.
During the tour:
Listen as the professional guides explain how to paddle and give safety instructions for your epic 1.5 to 2 hour adventure down the Kananaskis River, which originates in the Canadian Rockies and flows 46 miles (74 km) before emptying into the Bow River.
Relax as you cruise along the calm parts of the river, taking in the scenery of craggy mountains and verdant trees. Keep an eye out for wildlife like eagles and other birds soaring overhead and bears or deer walking along the banks of the river.
But don’t relax for too long — this is still an adventurous river. Listen as your guide directs you to navigate the periodic rapids. Hang tight as you bump up and down over the white water as if it were an aquatic bronco. When your rafting adventure comes to an end, you’ll be rewarded with snacks and high-fives, before relaxing on the ride back to your starting point.
Who is it for?
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Each booking must be for 4 guests. Each raft will be private to a booking and hold 4 to 7 guests.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Minimum age is 5 years old. Minimum weight is 40 pounds (18 kg). Maximum weight is 350 pounds (159 kg).
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
Adult (Age from 16+): $118.47 (taxes included)
Child (Age from 5 to 15): $75.39 (taxes included)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers.
- 1.5 to 2 hour rafting adventure, with an optional swim at the end
- All necessary equipment (wetsuits, lifejacket, helmet, rainjacket, wetsuit booties and gloves)
- Free photos of your rafting adventure available online
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Select dates May 27 to September 12, 2021
Start Time: 1:30 PM
Duration: 4 hours
Chinook Rafting, Riverbase – Nakoda Lakeside Lodge
Stoney 142, 143, 144, AB T0L
located on Highway 1A approximately 25 minutes from Canmore and 45 minutes from Banff and Calgary.