About Carburn Park Calgary
Created in the 1970’s, Carburn Park was once part of Senator Patrick Burns’ vast prairie empire. The park is named after the company “Carburn Aggregates”, from whom much of the land was acquired and who constructed the ponds. Source Calgary.ca
The park has three man-made ponds and numerous picnic sites and is located in southeast Calgary.
What to do at Carburn Park Calgary?
Things to do at Carburn Park
1.Watching wildlife – It is a good place for watching birds such as Warblers, Vireos, Belted Kingfishers and Great Blue Herons. You can often see deers too.
2. Take a stroll along the hiking trails which follows the Bow river and enjoy the flora and fauna.
3. The pathway is excellent for biking with kids.
4. Fishing -It is a good place to fish with family.There is pike and perch in both the main pond in the center and the one closest to the Glenmore bridge. Ice fishing is also permitted.
5. Boating-Canoes, dinghies, and paddle boats are allowed in the ponds.
6. Cross country skiing in winter.
7. Outdoor Ice Skating : (details and closures)
8. Have a picnic. There are many picnic areas . The park has fire pits and BBQ stands.
9. There is a playground for kids.
Swimming or motorized boats are not allowed in Carburn park.
Who all can go and enjoy ? – Everybody.
One can hold private functions like birthday parties and bookthe Carburn park and picnic sites.
Where & How to get to Carburn Park ?
Carburn Park location & directions
Carburn Park lies along the eastern shore of the Bow river and is located at 8925 Riverview Dr. S.E.The park is accessible through the community of Riverbend. Carburn Park Map – HERE
The park can be accessed by calgary transit with route numbers 36,41,75 with stop number 8056. Verify before travelling.
GPS Coordinates : 50.973346,-114.025215
How long will it take to visit Carburn Park?
Time Required to Visit – One hour to a whole day depending on interest.
How much to see Carburn Park?
Carburn Park Admission/fees
When to go to Carburn Park?
Carburn Park Hours/timing
Park hours: 5 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Few trail closures and washroom closure in effect due to flood damage.
Amenities, Access & Parking at Carburn Park?
Washrooms – 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
The trail is wheel chair accessible.
Dogs permitted – on leash.
Free parking available on site.