Join Fringe Theatre Adventures at the 38th Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival.
The Edmonton Fringe Festival is North America’s oldest and longest-running Fringe Festival.
The Edmonton Fringe doesn’t jury or censor artists’ work in any way and performances are selected through an unbiased lottery system. Participating artists receive 100 percent of ticket revenue from their performances.
We’ve reimagined Fringe to deliver as safe an Event as possible. Things will look and feel very different this year. In fact, this year’s Event will more closely resemble the very first Fringe Theatre Event in 1982 than the Festival we know and love and left behind in 2019.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Safety mitigations to keep Fringe safe for everyone: we’re all in this together! All fringers must wear a mask, keep your distance, wash your hands, and support each other.
- Fewer venues, fewer shows, smaller audiences: we have a total of 8 indoor theatre venues presenting 50+ shows over the 11 days of the Event. Audience sizes are limited to ensure everyone has lots of extra elbow room. All venues will be thoroughly sanitized before and after each performance. Fringers must always wear a mask while inside a venue.
- Timed & ticketed outdoor venue access: inside ATB Park, you’ll discover the full Fringe experience. Outdoor performances, tasty Fringe treats, ice-cold Big Rock beer, a comfy spot to kick back, and even constantly changing Alberta weather to keep you guessing. This year, you will require a ticket to access ATB Park. This will help us provide you with a spacious, safe Event experience; keep crowds small; and maintain contact information for tracing purposes should we need it. Fringers must always wear a mask while moving about ATB Park.
- Vanta Group Youth Stage: we love the next generation of fringers, so we’ve created something special just for them! Our Vanta Group Youth Stage offers ticketed outdoor performances for families with plenty of spacious seating and greenspace to explore for busy littles. The Vanta Group Youth Stage is located at Lighthorse Park (10324 85 Ave).
- Big Rock Beer Tents, but now with 100% more contact tracing: you can down a cold one in our Big Rock Beer Tent or ATB Community Patio under the waning summer sun, but you will need to provide your contact information on entering for tracing purposes should we need it. Capacity in our Beer Tents will be kept low to provide folks lots of room to get in one of Edmonton’s most essential summer traditions.
- Digital Entertainment: not ready to make a comeback just yet? Rather fringe from the comfort of your own home? We get it. Fringe TV is jam-packed with on-demand and livestream entertainment options so you can safely Fringe from your side of the screen wherever you comfortably find yourself in the world.
Free & ticketed events.
How to get tickets?
Tickets for the Festival go on sale August 4 at 12Noon
WHEN & WHERE
Date: August 12 – 22, 2021 – Schedule
a total of 11 indoor theatre venues presenting 58 shows over the 11 days of the Event.
Venue: Various Venues, Edmonton
ATB Financial Arts Barns, 10330-84 Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T6E 2G9
Address: Old Strathcona