Ottawa’s award-winning flagship festival since 1953, the Canadian Tulip Festival is one of the largest events of its kind in the world celebrating Ottawa’s official flower as a symbol of international friendship and peace. The Canadian Tulip Festival is an event of the Canadian Tulip Legacy, a non-profit charitable organization established to celebrate the historic Royal gift of tulips from the Dutch to Canadians after World War II.
You may like: Flower & Blossom Festivals in Ontario
THINGS TO DO AT CANADIAN TULIP FESTIVAL
- Step back in time to the year 1945 where you can explore the Festival’s roots under the roof of the Canadian Tulip Festival’s “Heritage Pavilion”. Through story-telling, animation, period vending and a feature interactive presentation, the Festivals’ roots in history can be explored.
- Try out tulip-themed crafts with kids at the Tulip Pavilion.
- Enjoy Virtual Reality Tours featuring the tulip fields of the Netherlands and other botanical sites from around the world.
- Join for Tulip Legacy Walking Tour and learn about the incredible heritage of this Festival while visiting highlights such as the Queen Juliana Gift Bed, or the historic statue, The Man with Two Hats.
- Delight in 33 musical performances organized by the award-winning founder of the “Music & Beyond” festival during Julian Armour-produced “Music & Tulips” program at Commissioners Park. The Dutch Theatre will feature top quality musicians presenting an array of musical styles from classical to jazz…and “beyond”.
- Cheer the participants of Tulip Cup Regatta.
- Tiptoe along the Tulip Boardwalk on Dow’s Lake and arrive at the Tulip Plaza surrounding the Dow’s Lake Pavilion. The Tulip Plaza will come alive with a wide array of vendors providing a fun, floral marketplace shopping experience.
- Tour the new Canadian Tulip Festival Museum, a carefully curated collection of memorabilia showcasing the history of Canada’s 67 year old spring Festival.
- Enjoy the traditional Victoria Day Fireworks on Sunday evening, May 19.
- Tulips Trail
Delight in a self-guided tour of Ottawa’s public gardens exploding with millions of tulips in bloom from the Governor General’s residence to the Central Experimental Farm and back to Parliament Hill via Gatineau.
Free for children under the age of 12.
Fireworks: Free, except for VIP Party
How to get tickets?
At the door
WHEN & WHERE
Festival: May 10-20, 2019 – Schedule
Ottawa Rowing Club’s First Annual Tulip Cup Regatta: Saturday, May 11, 2019 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM @ Dow’s Lake Pavilion
May 19 | Fireworks are scheduled to beginning at 10:00 PM sharp.
Commissioners Park – Dow’s Lake
Ottawa’s public gardens