This year the parade will feature 34 floats and 20 marching bands. Many fan favourite floats will be on display from sponsors like: TD Bank, Chapters / Indigo, Tim Hortons, McDonalds, and Canadian Tire.
The Santa Claus Parade has been spreading joy for over 100 years, and has been made possible through the help of thousands of volunteers and sponsors since the first parade in 1913.
See you on Sunday – and don’t forget to come cheer on the runners for The Holly Jolly Fun Run before the Parade too!
Who is it for?
All ages – Family
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
Sunday, November 17, 2019 | 12:30 PM
2.5 hours for the whole parade to go by.
Holly Jolly Fun Run: 11:45 AM – Register
Parade Route: Parade begins at Parliament. and Bloor St.
Parade starts at Parliament and Bloor Streets; travels west along Bloor Street to University Avenue, travels south on University Avenue to Wellington Street, then travels east on Wellington. The parade will then head south on Yonge Street and east on Front Street, finally ending at the St. Lawrence Market (Front and Jarvis Street)
The designated physical disability viewing area is on University Avenue at College Street.
This event will involve full and rolling road closures on Sunday from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
• Bloor Street West from Ossington Avenue to Queen’s Park
• Queen’s Park/Queen’s Park Crescent/University Avenue to Wellington Street West
• Wellington Street West from University Avenue to Yonge Street
• Yonge Street from Wellington Street to Front Street
• Front Street from Yonge Street to Jarvis Street
• Lower Jarvis Street from Front Street East to Lake Shore Boulevard East
In addition, parade-related curb lane closures will occur on Sunday at the following locations and times:
• Front Street East from Jarvis Street to Sherbourne Street from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Queens Quay East from Lower Jarvis Street to Parliament Street from 2 to 6 p.m.
• Lower Jarvis Street northbound curb lane and laybys from 1 to 6 p.m.
The Holly Jolly Fun Run
This event will precede the Santa Claus parade and follow the same route, with the following additional closures on Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Bremner Boulevard will be closed from York Street to Lake Shore Boulevard West
• York Street southbound from University Avenue to Bremner Boulevard.
Various Paid Parking along Route.
Public Transit Accessible.