Whether you are going on your first date, or celebrating a special event, there are plenty of options to make your date a memorable one at Grande Prairie. Have a relaxing spa day at The Vine Luxury Spa, followed by dinner at the romantic Acropolis Greek Restaurant and Pub. Then, catch the latest concert at Revolution Place, and finish the night off dancing to the live DJ at the Shark Club. Or if you would prefer something a little different, why not take a romantic walk down the many nature trails at Muskoseepi Park, followed by a brewery tour at GP Brewing Co, stop for a bite to eat at The Office, and complete your date by trying to break you way free from a “locked” room at Trapped escape rooms. Whatever you and your significant partner like, you can find it in Grande Prairie.
Here are 29 date ideas in Grande Prairie (arranged in no particular order)!
- Every date is better with food and the romantic restaurant choices in Grande Prairie will not disappoint. The Office is a romantic restaurant that brings modern style, sophistication and elegance to the table. With specialties such as Smoked Bacon, Apple and Brie Quesadilla, your tastebuds will be just as impressed as your date!
- Surprise your significant other with tickets to his or her favorite band at Revolution Place. Revolution Placeis the Grande Prairie area’s hub for sport and entertainment. With concert seating for 4500, Revolution Arena is home to the biggest concerts in the Peace Region. There is also an outdoor area, Bowes Family Garden, which can accomodate concerts with up to 1400 people.
- Treat your date to a bit of adventure at Wild River Adventure Tours!Experience a thrilling date aboard a 24Ft. river boat from the Canfor Bridge Launch for a fun trip down the Wapiti River to the Smoky River through the Cutbank Rapids and Smoky Chutes.
- Be a tourist in Grande Prairie and join for this award winning tour run by the Rotary Club! The tour leaves Centre 2000 at 6:30 pm sharp. On the tour a guide will inform you of some of the regions history and developments and you will get a free gift bag. Call 780-539-7688 for more information.
- The Vine Luxury Spahas a signature couples package that is three and a half hours of pure bliss. The Vine’s Lovers Getaway package includes side by side Swedish massage, facials, manicures, and pedicures. Your entire body, from head to foot will be completely relaxed by the time you are through, maybe even relaxed enough to finally propose!
- Grande Prairie’s only commercial art gallery, Grant Berg Galleryis home of over 35 local and Western Canadian artists’ works. Collections range from paintings to sculptures to carvings to jewelry, to photography and more. Come just to browse or maybe to find that perfect piece of artwork for your home.
- Better Than Fred’s is an awesome bar for any date night. Not only is the food delicious, but they also have the best live music in all of Grande Prairie. Other fantastic features of this bar include Paint Nights, huge billiards area, and big screen PPV sports events.
- A fantastic combination of great food, drinks, and board games. With over 1100 games available to choose from the Card’s Board Game Cafe will take date night dinner to a whole new level.
- Trappedprovides interactive escape games in which participants have 45 minutes to escape a room by solving clues, riddles, codes and more. Nothing brings a couple closer than working together to get out of one of these rooms! Most rooms accommodate between four and six people, making this a great place to go with another couple or two!
- The romantic atmosphere at Acropoliswill make you feel as if you have taken a journey to Greece. Enjoy the authentic Greek cuisine and fine wine of this casual yet romantic restaurant. Going on a Friday or Saturday evening? Be prepared to enjoy the wonderful belly dancing performances happening throughout the night.
- Nitehawkis a year-round adventure park for the outdoor enthusiast. During the winter patrons can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, tubing and more. During the summer there is a bike park, trails, tubing, and a golf course. With year round camping available you can turn a simple date into an entire weekend of fun.
- Traditional Italian fare and a wide selection of fine wines makes Padrino’s Italian Restaurante the perfect choice for a date night meal. Everything in the restaurant is made daily, and the service here is absolutely exceptional. With the elegant decorations and intimate lighting, Padrino’s shouts romance from the time you walk in until the time you walk out.
- Go back in time to the pioneer times Grande Prairie at Grande Prairie Museum & Heritage Village.
- During the week, Shark Clubis the best sports bar around, but come the weekend, it is a non-stop party. Rotating late night DJ’s are there every weekend to take your party to the next level. If you are looking for a good time on your late night date, Shark Club is the place to go.
- Take the short drive to Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum and be amazed at everything you see and learn. Eat at the Dine-O-Saur Restaurant, or catch a dinosaur film in the Aykroyd Family Theatre.
- There is nothing quite as romantic as getting pampered with the one you love. The Pampered Couples package at The L Spa & Wellness Centre offers a ½ hour far infrared sauna, followed by an hour long couple’s massage, and finishes up with herbal tea and chocolate covered strawberries. You will never be so relaxed in all your life.
- Take a 45 minute tour of GP Brewing Coto see what happens from start to finish in this local brewery. Tours happen every Saturday starting at 2PM and ending with a souvenir glass and 4 oz. beer sample, making it the perfect early start for any date night.
- Go hiking at Muskoseepi Park that features over 1100 acres of beauty with natural and paved trails! Try pond great for fishing in the summer and skating in the winter, picnic areas, as well as some great sliding hills! No matter what time of year, you will find some thing fun to do at Muskoseepi Park, free of charge!
- There is nothing more romantic than gently floating above the city in a hot air balloon with the one you love. Whether you want to “pop the question,” rekindle your romance, or simply have a date that will never be forgotten, Sundance Balloons can make turn your dream into reality.
- Book a tee time at The Dunes Golf and Winter and Club!
- Evergreen Parkis home of almost 30 buildings including Entrec Centre, McGovern’s Campground, and Pines Restaurant & Casino. It is also over 1200 acres of trees and nature. Come for horse racing, the agri-show, paint night at the park, or any other of the fabulous events held there.
- Take a romantic stroll through the corn maze during the months of August through October. Each year the Grande Prairie Corn Maze is a different design, and each year it is a great way to spend a couple of hours. Bringing a date to the Grande Prairie Corn Maze means that even if you take a wrong turn or two you will be having a blast. What about getting out of the maze with only a flashlight?
- What is fun? For few, it is 4 wheels and endless trails with back country. Rent an ATV and enjoy an adventurous date exploring the Peace Country!
- Pack a picnic and watch the Trumpeter Swans and other migrating birds at Crystal Lake!
- Explore Art Gallery of Grande Prairie‘s amazing works of art. Check their calendar and join for presentations, art auctions, special group activities, and more!
- Casually stroll through the sights and sounds of Heritage Discovery Centre, or dig right in with the engaging, interpretive displays. Visitors will be taken through a geological and industrial timeline, from the Mesozoic Era, through the last Ice Age, to the development of local, natural resources.
- What is more traditional than dinner and a movie? If you are looking to watch the latest blockbuster with your significant other, Cineplex Odeon is the place to go in Grande Prairie. .
- Although dinner and a movie tends to be a safe bet for a date, why not add a little more life to your date with some live theatre? Second Street Theatre is a great little theatre where productions of all kinds are held. From dance to comedy to plays to concerts and more, this is a fantastic place to go and enjoy a live show.
- Bowling Stones offers ten pin bowling, cosmic bowling, an arcade, and more. A fun alternative to a traditional dinner and a movie date night.
Bullets & Broadheads Shooting Center
For those who want a date with a little more adventure in it, look no further than this soon to be open location. Bullets & Broadheads Shooting Center will be Grande Prairie’s first indoor shooting range complete with archery lanes and axe throwing. Adrenaline will be shooting through your veins as you and your date see who has the best aim.
You may like: