There are so many great things for kids and families to do in Grande Prairie, Alberta whether you are looking for things to do this weekend with kids or on a trip to Grande Prairie. Encourage your child to discover nature at Saskatoon Island Provincial Park, or cheer on their adventurous side at Nitehawk Recreation Area. Perhaps you would prefer to compete with your kids in a round of laser tag at Laser Tag Central, or race to the top of the Grande Prairie Regional College climbing wall. If you are looking for something a bit more low key, but equally exciting, why not take your family to discover dinosaurs at the Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum, or get lost in the corn maze!
25 Fun Things to Do with Kids in Grande Prairie:
- Have family adventure at Nitehawk park. In summer, test your bike skills, or try your hand at golf! Interested in winter activities, then the whole family can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing and more!
- With 14 historical/display buildings including a blacksmith shop and firehall, Heritage Village is a great place to take the family and explore the past.
- Located less than 20 minutes from Grande Prairie, O’Brien Provincial Park is a great place for the active family. Go geocaching, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, swimming, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, or just relax and have an enjoyable picnic lunch with the family.
- Need more adventure? Go up and up and up in a hot air balloon.
- Now, who can findthe way out of the 8-acre themed Corn Maze of Country Roads RV Park at night?
- Work that little brains at Trapped and escape the locked room by solving clues, riddles, codes and more.
Is it pouring outside? Then this indoor play centre offers a fun and safe place for children to play. There is also a cafe and a place for youth sports leagues at The Reach Centre.
Check out the amazing Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum that includes dinosaur exhibits, with skeletons and a recreated bonebed, oil and gas exhibits, the Dine-O-Saur Restaurant, a 70 seat theatre, and more!
Pack your camping gear and head to Saskatoon Island Provincial Park, located 25 km west of Grande Prairie. Connect with nature at this second oldest Provincial Park of Alberta.
- Enjoy a fun trip on the Smoky River through the Cutbank Rapids and Smoky Chutes with Wild River Adventure Tours aboard the 24Ft. river boat.
- Discover the pioneer history of Grande Prairie! Learn more about first homesteaders, traders who contributed to the Peace Region, and more at Grande Prairie Museum & Heritage Village.
- Drive your kids up the wall for a change at Grande Prairie Regional College Climbing Wall!
- Drop-in at Card’s Board Game Cafe. With over 1100 games available to choose from Card’s Board Game Cafe is great place for families to eat, play, and build memories.
- Will you be the last one standing?? Find out at Grande Prairie’s only Laser Tag Arena!
- Let your kids unleash their inner artist at Centre for Creative Arts. Whether by admiring other people’s artwork at the Centre or Wall Galleries, or create your own artwork through a variety of available art classes for all ages of aspiring artists.
- Put a smile on your little one’s face and have an ice cream after a round of ice cream at this little mini golf course.
- Say hello to Piper, a life-sized, animatronic dinosaur at Heritage Discovery Centre! Heritage Discovery Centre is an engaging, interpretive museum that takes visitors through a geological and industrial timeline, from the Mesozoic Era, through the last Ice Age, to the development of local, natural resources.
- 20 000 square feet of indoor trampoline fun! Thats what you will find at Jump Yard — wall to wall trampolines, a massive foam pit, trampoline dodgeball, and more.
- Go bowling at Bowling Stones 10-pin Entertainment Centre!
- Pack a picnic and explore Muskoseepi Park that features over 1100 acres of parkland that contains natural and paved trails, a pond great for fishing in the summer and skating in the winter, as well as some great sliding hills!
- Visit HJ’s Family Bowling Centre for an afternoon of family fun! a 5 pin bowling alley, fun for the entire family. This bowling alley is a fantastic choice for those looking for a fun and friendly atmosphere.
- Let your toddler run, play and have fun at Luv 2 Play Indoor Playground & Cafe which is an indoor playground with tubes for crawling through, slides for sliding, an air table, ball pits, and more!
- Get your child started on gardening by picking up a plant from Dunvegan Gardens.
- Get the best pumpkins for your Jack-O-Lantern from Country Roads RV Park in Fall!
- Show off your skateboarding skill at the Grand Praire Skateboard Park that offers thrills for all levels of skaters and is open to any skateboarders, BMX riders, push scooters, and inline skaters.
You may like: