The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is asking for your help in naming 13 German shepherd puppies at the Police Dog Service Training Centre in Innisfail, Alberta.
RCMP says names for Canada’s future RCMP police dogs must be no more than 9 letters with 1 or 2 syllables and should begin with the letter “P”.
Canadian children who are between 4 to 14 years of age are eligible to take part in the contest.
PDSTC staff will choose 13 winning names and there will be a draw in case of multiple submissions of the same name. The 13 children whose names are selected will each receive a laminated 8×10-inch photo of the pup they name, a plush dog named Justice and an RCMP water bottle.
The deadline for entries is March 18, 2021 and contest winners and the winning names will be announced on April 28, 2021, on the RCMP website and social media.
- Names must begin with the letter “P”
- Names must have no more than 9 letters
- Names must be 1 or 2 syllables
- Contestants must live in Canada
- Contestants must be 4 to 14 years old
- Only 1 entry per child will be eligible
- Entries must be received by March 18, 2021
How to Enter